Saturday, August 28, 2010

We're Ready!!!

His nursery is now finished and we have everything that I think we need for him. Probably more, much more, than we need for him. But here's the nursery. Above are these amazing wood letters that we got from Nancy and Kasia. We finally got a shelf for them and put them up today. (We got the wrong size yesterday and had to go switch it today. It was quite annoying.)
Here are shots of the room.
I put up the monsters Kass made for the shower around the closet (which is hiding all my craft stuff, not any baby stuff).
Here's my favorite part!!! I finished it last night. Amy gave me the mobile part and I added the monsters that I made and now they can sing him to sleep :)
Close ups on the zombie:
Medusa:
Cthulu from HP LoveCraft stories:
The Blob?
Nosferatu:
And here's just a picture showing how gigantic I am! And the doctor says she doesn't want me going past the 9th, so if he isn't out by then, we'll go in and get him! That means only 12 more days max!!! However, Kyle is disappointed. He really wants him to come on the 11th, but there's no way any doctor would agree to induce on a Saturday. So that's out. And Felix will definitely be out by then!

9 comments:

rain said...

Yay for Felix coming! I'm keeping you in my thoughts. Get him here safely, and try, try, TRY to get as much rest as possible. Even though it's always pretty impossible at this time. Your nursery looks radical. I love your monsters.

Kendra said...

Wow. Way to go. Your nursery is more complete than mine is. :P I love your monster mobile. Is is AWESOME! And why no go past the 9th? Are you measuring too big? Baby's gonna be a giant? AH! jk. You'll do great. :)

Amy said...

You already know that your nursery is years ahead of us. Sad poor axel, haha but the good thing is now I can adjust it to the things he likes, I originally was just going for color but now I have more of his personality to adjust to. Keep my head up right?

Ha ha cute cute nursery, I need to come see it in person. Maybe once that babe is born. Do you need me to bring you pads that day?

Too bad you didn't have him yesterday, but then again we would have to share birthdays and that could get complicated.

KaSs MiLeS said...

I showed story that picture of you and she sorta said your name. Your room turned out cute, although having zombie in a mobile is slightly creepy

Keri said...

I love how that turned out. I especially love the brown with the green. Great job!

Christy Smith said...

It turned out awesome! I'm so excited for you! And I got your cute thank you card in the mail the other day, so thanks. :) It was SO great to see you and I can't wait til this little guy is born so I can come meet him and see your house! Good luck with everything...keep me posted!

Ashley said...

Love the monster theme so cute, you guys have done such a great job! I'm excited to see this little man. I can't believe its so soon!
You don't look too big at all you look great.

Kory said...

No babies on Ramadan for you! I love the Nosferatu! September 9th is Johanna Hurdle's birthday.

Sarah said...

Nice job on the nursery - I love all them monsters! I can't believe your ready to pop - good luck!!!