Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vegas Cats

Okay, the cats and Vegas have nothing to do with each other. I haven't blogged in so long I'm just going to start from where I left off and move forward. So if you were looking forward to my Bear Lake pics...even though I didn't take that many...they'll be coming.

Above is my cat. I just have to say that I LOVE having a cat. She is the greatest. Even when she brings snakes in our house. Or maybe especially (when she leaves them in Jessica's room) ha ha.
Below is our EVIL neighbor cat. This stupid cat is always raping some other cat and we often have to save our own kitty from him. And as you can see below--he is just chilling in our laundry! Mom says I should shoot him. After waking up to him in our kitchen at 7am attacking our kitty this week...well it sounds like a great idea.
VEGAS!!!
This is us at a hotel we didn't stay in :)
We won a $500 Venetian gift card from a church raffle, but instead of blowing it all on just rooms at the hotel we stayed at a cheap hotel and used the card to go to Phantom of the Opera with our friends and I got lots of new clothes with it too.
Phantom was basically the most amazing thing ever. It was so wonderful and I could not stop smiling through the entire thing. These are our friends that came with us Stephanie and Shelton. They are basically the greatest people ever.
With our gift card Kyle got a bow tie. The sales person gave him a tutorial on how to tie it when he bought it.
However, this is my attempt, not his. My years of knitting and bow tying really came into play and I got it down and Kyle gave up. That's okay. I like feeling important every Sunday morning :)
Isn't he dashing?

6 comments:

Erinn and Ryan said...

Didn't you just post about Kyle's new air soft gun? I would absolutely shoot that other cat every time it comes on your property. (Okay, not point blank or in the eye or anything, but near enough not to miss.) Even if the cat doesn't learn, it'd be cathartic.

We're trying to plan a Vegas weekend for our trip up to visit you guys. Sadly, it won't be anywhere near as fun, since my little ones are no longer hidden and silent like yours still is. If you have any family-oriented suggestions, please let me know!

Kendra said...

Um yes, Rosie is adorable. I love her too. And I think it's hilarious (in that annoying kind of way) that the other cat comes into your house all the time. We had a cat do that at my parents' house, but that's cause we were nice to it. So be meaner I guess.

Your vegas trip looked fun. I'm glad you had a good time.

Oh, and thanks for reporting me to DCFS. ;)

Kory said...

I'm not sure how Kyle didn't mention his new bow tie when he told me about your trip. That definitely seems the highlight.

Keri said...

I'm jealous, that looks like fun.
I'm glad you said that about your cat. We're going to meet more puppies today and I'm already having anxiety.

Amy said...

I would kill the cat too. We have a big black cat that does the SAME thing to all the wild cats in our neighborhood. Is your cat spade?

Your Vegas trip looks fun, and kyle looks like a professor with that bow tie. (I mean that in a good way)

Anyway, this next comment is for Erinn:

My friend just got back from Vegas, they went to some Shark Reef for kids and LOVED it. I guess its the greatest.

Ashley said...

So jealous you went to Phantom that's a life long dream of mine.
Your trip looked so much fun!

Does that sales man not look exactly like Eddie Murphy?

I'm not a fan of cats so i would say do what you have to do. We had a neighbor cat have 6 babies they were such cute kittens that hung around our yard and Ashdon loved it but now everytime we open the back door they are ready to run in...so sick of them!!