Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Turn

To toot my own horn, following Kassie and Justin's examples. I made this quilt for Felix and it's all finished. My neighbor has been holding a quilt class (and I haven't finished that one) but I used the skills to piece together this one. Then she taught me how to quilt it on my sewing machine so it didn't have to have ties on it. And then she taught me how to put silk on the edges to bind it so that if Felix is anything like me or Nick he'll be happy forever. I'm super proud of it. It's so cute. And the quilting made a cool design on the back like you can see in the last picture. The second picture is just a close up on the main pieced together design.

10 comments:

Keri said...

I love love love it!

Cassie said...

LOVE IT.

Kendra said...

It's beautiful! Great job!!! Felix is going to love it.

rain said...

I really like it. I think it's quite fabulous.

Sarah said...

Wow - that is great! You need to show me how to do that - I love the blankets without ties! He's a lucky boy!

KaSs MiLeS said...

I love it!!!! You did an awesome job! I seriously want you to come teach me how to quilt.

Kory said...

I love it. Did you sew secret messages into it?

Amy said...

So great! Something he will probably cherish forever!

Erinn and Ryan said...

I'm probably going to steal it. Just so you know. Kinda like that book you wanted to read!

Shauna said...

That quilt for some reason reminds me of when we lived in California. I am loving your nursery. I'm sure there's nothing like it anywhere. SO CUTE!!!! I love the brown. I'm glad Lucy made it to your shower, she was worried about not knowing anyone. I told her to bring Kate, but it looks like she braved it anyway.