Thursday, December 4, 2008

Merry Christmas

I finally got our tree up! I gave up on doing homework and set out to put up our tree around 10:00pm. Kyle said it was too late to do it, but I knew if it wasn't done now it never would. And after spending the day at Jeff's with his beautiful tree I wanted to do it. Below are the lights we got for free. They were really that tangled, but still like to pretend for the camera. But they were all icicle lights and all of our decorations are lost right now, so I took a headband that I made from Kevin's present to his mom last year and made it into that bow and am going for the simplistic look until I can get some tree decorations. I like the simple look, but Kyle said it's not a tree without lights. And even though I like the simple look, especially since I don't know how to put lights on very well, I must agree. My favorite Christmas tradition is laying on the floor at night with all the lights off and look at the lit up tree.

6 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

I'm really surprised you chose a ribbon for the top, that's very martha stewart of you....

Malena said...

Hey Kelli! I think your tree is sweet.Natural is nice, when it's daytime. I'm with you on the lights in the dark thing though... That was my fav as a kid too. My sisters and I used to sleep under the tree whenever we could in December. Hope some lights come your way!

Shauna said...

I meant for the icicle lights to go on your porch.

rain said...

How many of those presents are for Cole? That's what he'd like to know. Also, your tree looks cute. Look how festive you are! Isn't it so much better than NOT being festive? Yeah, sure is.

Kelli said...

Shauna--I know. I just didn't realize that until I pulled them out.

Shauna said...

Andy looked at your blog and said there should be a star at the top not a bow.