Friday, December 26, 2008

FINALLY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I spent Christmas Eve delivering last minute stuff like this hat I made for Jess, which wasn't actually for Christmas or anything, but I finished it in time for Christmas...
Christmas Eve we had dinner with Kyle's family and opened presents. Kyle's sister got this gun for Janet (Kyle's mom) so she can shoot animals that get too close to her property...sounds like a certain dad I know. At least this is only an airsoft gun.
Janet bought me and her mom these cool hair towel things. They fit perfectly over your hair and you can even get dressed with them on, I did it this morning! I love it.
Kevin and Chuck were also in attendence...but I didn't get a picture of Chuck. It was a really nice evening. We also watched Get Smart and Sisterhood of the Pantsing Traveler (which is how Chuck said it). Kyle and Kevin's commentary was thoroughly entertaining.
On our own we opened our pajamas on Christmas Eve and a present for each of us. Kyle got a DVD set of Band of Brothers and I got a Celtic Moon necklace.
CHRISTMAS DAY!
Kyle loved his surprise presents. I made him a Star Wars Ewok and me and one of his friends got him an air soft gun. He claims to hate surprises and that I couldn't possibly know what he would want, but he LOVED the gun and carried the Ewok around with him the whole day.
Kyle surprised me with a book: Friday Night Knitting Club and earphones. They were great surprises! I'm holding another book he got which is patterns to make little monsters--including a zombie that Kyle said I should make for Cole. I think it'd be hilarious! But of course I won't.
And now here's Kyle in our mess that we finally got cleaned up between Christmas night and this morning. We also went to my mom's on Christmas day, but there weren't very many people over there this year. We got there as Kory left and only us, Kevin, Kass, and Shauna were over there. But I'm glad. I had a raging headache and it was a struggle to keep the kids' volume down even though there weren't very many people. Then we went to Wendy's house because she's too cool to go to mom's. Surprisingly, it was quieter there. And Shauna was actually there too when we got there so I played games with Wendy and Shauna's boys. All the girls were playing loud video games downstairs so I couldn't hang out with them. When we got home we played our new games while watching our new movies. And now I'm watching Saturday's Warrior! Which is just about bringing tears to my eyes with all of its wretched cheesiness. I can't believe someone actually wrote this. Oh wow. I just wish Dusty was here to dance with me like we used to! :)

8 comments:

bearclaw said...

I never danced to that movie

Kelli said...

My memory (along with I'm sure Kassie's and Kory's) says otherwise. You were all about the scenes with that bad boy!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the great story - now I know another sorded detail of Dusty's life! Oh and thanks for writing on my blog about a PRIVATE conversation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janelle Johnson said...

Merry Christmas! Did you drop out of school? I never see you.

rain said...

So, I can't wait to see the montsters that you'll be knitting. Also, I LOVE the Ewok you made for Kyle...Just as I love the Shia Lebouf doll that I was surprised with by my loved ones on Christmas Eve. He also came with "amazing jerk-off action". Actually, it's "amazing knife throwing action", however, he doesn't really hold the knife very well, and without it...it just looks really dirty. Oh Shia, how I love you!

Kory said...

In all honesty, all four of us would sing to the movie. I'm not so sure about the dancing. Maybe just a little George Michael knee bouncing and finger snapping.

Kelli said...

Oh no no Kory. I remember having to move that table downstairs to make room.

Kyle said...

Holy crap I was fat.