Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Saturday

Kyle said when we went out this morning (and it was only noon) that it was already the worst day ever. But it was one of the best actually. We went shopping for the last of our Christmas stuff like family presents, which I'm quite excited about. In between stores we had lunch at Denny's and had a really good waiter. Kyle is talking to his brother in this picture, hence my boredom that caused me to get the camera out.
After lunch we headed to Kohls and then to drop off Tigger that I crocheted to Muffy (Rain's sister). But Tigger deserves a seperate post, so stay tuned!. When we finished shopping it was time to go meet Wendy for our evening festivities. One of Wendy's bosses was part of a live nativity in Gardner Village. He's in a barber shop quartet and they sang Christmas songs before and during the nativity scene that had live animals, including a goat that made noises right on beat. It was great.
After the nativity we froze as we looked around the shops before eating dinner at a pricey restaurant. But don't worry, my food was free because I totally complained about the hair I found in my pasta even though it embarrassed Kyle to death that I asked for a discount for it. :) So now I'm totally exhausted and about to head to bed!

8 comments:

rain said...

Cute pictures. I really like that last one of you and Kyle. Also, I got your Christmas card, and it was full of great pics of you two. Oh, and for those of you that read comments, I just have to say, the Tigger that Kelli made is ADORABLE, and indeed, it does deserve its own post.

KaSs MiLeS said...

you always find something in your food.

Keri said...

I love days like that. Enjoy them, you don't get many once you have kids.

Erinn and Ryan said...

We went to a pricey restaurant last night, too - we were finally able to find a babysitter - and we saw a roach crawling on the counter. Since it wasn't in our food, we didn't get a discount . . .sigh.

Shauna said...

Is that a lama? What a fun day! So what restaurant was it?

Kelli said...

That is a llama. The restaurant was Archibalds I think. I can't really remember. It's the only restaurant I saw in Gardner Village. To their credit, it was a short hair and not a hair ball like I found once on a family vacation.

Sarah said...

Those are great photos - I'm jealous that you got to do something so Christmasy!

Kory said...

I'm fairly offended that I wasn't invited to the nativity thing. Everyone knows I love barbershop quartets.