Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Roman Sampler

SATURDAY/SUNDAY
All day Saturday and Sunday was spent traveling.
So, AirFrance kind of screwed up our flights so we got not one, but TWO 5 hour layovers. Which were made so much better by these seats. We both slept here for over an hour once we snagged them. And the in flight dinner was SO GOOD. They had chicken curry. I really hope they have it on the way back. I'm dying for it :) As well as some more Gossip Girl, Friends, and CSI episodes like they had on the way here.
Our hotel attendant suggest this restaraunt. And we have now eaten here 3 of the 4 nights we've been here. The fourth night we fell asleep before eating dinner. MONDAY
We got into our own hotel (after being bumped the night before into a room that barely fits a bed). Our room is big, has a huge bathroom and an AMAZING tub! We are knee to knee on the toilet and beday.
We spent the morning in Vatican City. That's the Pope's house behind us.
We spent the afternoon in southern ancient Rome.
TUESDAY
Here's our great new stuff! I got Cashmere tights: And Kyle got a sweet new jacket, which he is using to come onto Pinnochio:
The Pantheon. After seeing the Pantheon we spent the night wandering beautiful streets like these.
WEDNESDAY
I bet you never would have guessed that this was Kyle's favorite part of the trip so far. It's a graveyard with famous graves like Keats and Shelley with cats that live there.
I turned around after walking away after taking the picture and Kyle was basically emptying his pockets into that box.
This is the graveyard with the Pyramid behind us.
We're having a great time. Just two days left! See you all soon.

8 comments:

Keri said...

Those pictures are amazing! It looks like a fantastic time and I'm more jealous now! Miss you. Have a safe trip home.

Kory said...

I see pinocchio is having a good time. Did the pope let you in his house? Don't forget to find me a thong!

KaSs MiLeS said...

did you hair grow 3 feet in rome? maybe its just the picture...
kyle is a little bit gross with cats, it scares me.
your pictures are cool. hope you're having so much fun!

Amy said...

I was a bit worried you guys were not having a good time when I saw you were blogging! but your post proves otherwise! What fun!

Can I just tell you I LOVE bedays! I told Kory when we build our mansion it will have them in every room.

Sarah said...

Wow - sounds like you're having a great time!!! I'm so glad you're having fun and I am so jealous!! I also agree with Kyle on the graveyard cat - that's so cool and morbid.
See you on the flip side :)

rain said...

Very cool. I'm fascinated by the night-time walks. That would totally be my favorite part.

Also, Kass hasn't seen anyone as gross with cats as my step-dad....if he and my mom stay married, which I don't think will happen? I'll totally sneak some video footage. Because it's that creepy.

Jeff said...

Wohoo! Kyle is smokin hot in that jacket! Love it! I'm extremely jealous of the whole thing. It looks like so much fun!

Kat Clark said...

Whet a cool trip! That pinnochio is going to be in my nightmares tonight. I am totally shuddering.