Thursday, November 27, 2008

Could I be anymore awkward?

Here's my great Thanksgiving story...

Kyle and I slept at his parents house the night before thanksgiving. Since Keven had claimed the only bed in the basement we opted for the main floor couches. We had gotten to bed around 3:30 thanks to a game that lasted around 5 hours. I decided that too sleep with my bra on since I thought it would be awkward to wake up around Kyle's family and not have a bra on...

Kyle's mom came down to cook around 7 or 8am we were not done sleeping so we decided to head down stairs to finish. On my way to the basement in my groggy sleeping state I passed Kyle's mom and stepdad. Somewhere between the couch and passing Kyle's parents I realized that my bra had become all askew while I had been sleeping. And I guess because I was so tired--because I really have no other idea why I would do this--I started a tugging on my bra to get it to sit right. When Kyle's dad laughed I suddenly realized what I was doing and Kyle looked at me with such disgust. I mumbled that I must be asleep and tried to forget it. But of course I couldn't. I have thought about it nonstop almost all day and I trade off between laughing hysterically about it and stopping my tears.

Anyway, thought I'd share!

8 comments:

Keri said...

Oh, sad!

KaSs MiLeS said...

that's really funny. you've been very open with that family it seems.

Kelli said...

Too open. I might give Kyle a heart attack one of these days.

rain said...

Hey, you got a laugh out of it, right? Besides, it's not like you DIDN'T think ahead, you know? So serious points for trying. I would have gone for comfort all the way...Kyle would have had to get rid of me a long time ago.

Sarah said...

I wouldn't worry about it - they're family and that's just what happens!

Jess~ca said...

Yes I want an EEYORE!! how much? And as for the piano I keep forgetting to bring it to you. Don't you park out front of Amy and Kory's during the week? I think I'll bring it over there and then you can get it, I'm SORRY I have forgotten to get it back to you!

Anonymous said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS! I hate when that kind of stuff happens, but it's definitely a great story!

Janelle Johnson said...

Hehe. It could have been a lot more awkward...good thing you kept the bra on! :)