Sunday, August 17, 2008

No Touchbacks

Hey there. Kelli Tagged me. And I'm a sucker for jumping in on get to know you gimmicks.

1. I do pushups every night and pretend that while I'm doing it I'm G.I. Jane. Overcoming impossible odds and breaking that glass ceiling.
2. I used to be overly obsessed with my appearance from ages 16-23. Then marriage struck and now I have a hard time getting into the shower without feeling put out. The only time I feel concerned about my appearance is when my receding hairline gets sunburned, or when I'm sitting at my cubicle and I suddenly realize my body has enveloped my belt entirely.
3. Hooking up our old computer to our TV revolutionized my life. Wireless internet +
Hulu.com/Netflix Online + TV + Wireless mouse = Happy Kelli & Kyle… I mean, I watched The Karate Kid for free yesterday while laying on my couch and drinking diet coke. I don’t think it could get much better.
4. I constantly confuse the impulse for sleep with the impulse to eat. Which results in me eating three bowls of the Malt-o-meal variety of Cinnamon Toast Crunch at 11:30 and not being able to sleep because of the intense sugar rush until around 2 am. So what do I spend my time doing with my excess of energy and alone time? Watching Futurama and browsing
Amazon.com
5. I enjoy my calling… but I don’t really enjoy church that much.
6. I get irritated absurdly fast. And then forget about the irritant just as quickly. It bothers Kelli… A LOT. But the fact of the matter is that I really like people -- pretty much all people -- and even when they make me mad (which happens quite easily, honestly) I can’t hold it against them. Especially since I’m rather self critical too, so when I get mad I almost immediately think “Am I being a jerk?” And I usually conclude with the answer: Yes. It’s a sickness, I know.

I TAG JEFF, KORY, BEARCLAW AND JEROME.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Good call on who you tagged. Way to get the guys to post...I wish kory would post more stuff on our blog. It would make it more interesting.

I never have a hard time sleeping after I eat. In fact sometimes eating makes me more tired.

Shauna said...

I've never watched Futurama but I hear from Andy that it's a bad show. Although I'm pretty sure he hasn't watched it either. I think you look better now, but men seem to do that with age. Not fair.

Keri said...

I love hearing from you. It's always a good laugh.

rain said...

I agree with Shauna, in that guys do get better looking as they get older. Jeff is concerned that he's gotten too pudgy now that he has an office job and such, but I love that he's bigger than the boy I married...it makes me feel more feminine and protected, and that's an important thing to me, I've realized.
Also, especially pregnant, I eat when sleepy. And then I get heartburn, and then I can't sleep either, but instead of watching movies, I lay awake and think about all the people that have pissed me off, or that I've offended. I know that I let little things affect me way too much as well, and that I get bugged really easily. Also, I'm a snob. I realize that I AM a jerk, but I deal with it. I try to remind myself of this as I'm stewing about other people that have wronged me...but what they've done is always a lot worse than what I do. (Obviously). Then, the next day, I can be over it. This bugs Jeff, too. I grew up in a home full of flip-floppers. It's completely natural to me.

Kory said...

Computer + tv is the greatest combo ever! Except for maybe the olsen twins and drugs. As for being quickly irritated, I'm the same way. Luckily I'm around people that can ignore it. That's the only way I can get over it.

KaSs MiLeS said...

I'm so glad you tagged Jerome! I'll make sure he does it tonight! He's going to be pissed, i LOVE it!

bearclaw said...

It doesn't seem likely that I will list five random things about myself, but yours were quite entertaning.

Kelli said...

It's six random things, Dusty..

Shauna said...

I have to say that I tagged Jeff first. Who is Bearclaw?