Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mourning My Loss

Twenty Reasons I'll Miss Nannying:

1. Talking to the kids alone while I drive them to appointments and hearing all about their thoughts and lives.

2. Jeremy makes me make breakfast every morning and I LOVE breakfast foods--German Pancakes, Regular Pancakes, French Toast--and Kyle's not that big of a fan.

3. Jenny calling me a lesbian.

4. Feeling important because I'm the only one who knows the password.

5. Having my mind boggled at how long Jen and Jamie take to get ready.

6. Having someone notice and compliment my outfit (without being prompted).

7. Playing Canasta.

8. Having Drake & Josh and/or Spongebob as constant background noise.

9. Driving the Acadia.

10. Having Wendy leave me post it notes in the car to remind me to not crash.

11. Having a list of what I am to accomplish every day that I didn't have to write.

12. Taking the girls to get hair cuts and new glasses.

13. Seeing how many bruises Jess acquires between the time I leave and come back the next day.

14. Seeing those kids EVERY day.

15. Having a reason to go swimming (which pretty much means laying out).

16. Having a reason to get up and not sleep in until noon.

17. T.V. Even if I'm not watching it or if it's some lame show, tv is just comforting sometimes. It has a different feel than DVDs or Internet tv.

18. Having an excuse to call and talk to Wendy whenever I felt like it.

19. Having a constant reminder that Teenage girls are skinny and now that I am not a teenager I'm not.

20. Sweets. We all know there is an endless supply of sweets at Wendy's house that far exceeds the one box of ho-ho's at my house. (And if the supply does run out you know immediately from Jenny).

8 comments:

Keri said...

Oh, sad.

rain said...

I feel ya.

Sarah said...

That is sad :(
BTW I read the book you recomended already - do you have any more suggestions????

Kelli said...

Let me look again. Did you love the dog one?

KaSs MiLeS said...

i LOVE # 10! :0) Wendy's so funny. I too will miss Jenny calling ME a lesbian... Yes Jenny, i've heard!!!

Kory said...

Wendy must have some serious insurance on that car.

Amy said...

I'm sorry, i know how you feel. I always get sad about the last day of swimming, just because I know I wont see some of my kids again for like a whole year. So I feel ya. You can come babysit with me anytime you want to...

Shauna said...

Why wont you be nannying anymore? Cause summer is over? That's sad.