Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rhino

The 24th of July ended up being a lot of fun. Kyle's mom invited us out to her property to ride their Rhino. Kevin came down for it too. Kyle's mom brought a picnic and then we rode around the mountain in the Rhino. It was so fun to ride around on that thing. It's like a dune buggy but way more tough. It was terrifying at times, but I can't wait to go out again.

Kyle was the communications officer and I was navigator...he did a much better job than I did. I got us very very lost...whoops!

Here's Kyle holding on for dear life. I thankfully had handles to hold on to and even a seatbelt if I wanted it. After we drove to the top of the mountain, where we found the most perfect camping spot, was this amazing view of Utah Lake and Utah Valley.

On an unrelated note, here's just an awesome picture of Jess and her purple hair while she was being such a doll and doing her job without complaining. She's been such a breeze to nanny, I've really appreciated her this summer. It's amazing how great she has grown up.

P.S. I added a couple photos to the fishing post that I got off of Kyle's cell phone. You should check them out, they're great.

6 comments:

rain said...

I love Jessica's purple hair. I also think it's funny that Kyle's mom still sets up scenarios where Kyle and his brother can play together--like pretending they're GI-Joes with the Rhino. I bet she actually keeps their interests in mind when she and her husband shop around for stuff. (Not that her husband can't enjoy it, too. That's where her genius comes in). Also, Riley almost "fro'd up" on my bed when I trusted you enough to check out your fishing pictures, and she was with me. Learned my lesson well.

Diana and Jon said...

kelly-you should just come and visit us and then you can get your full house pic!

Kory said...

I'm very jealous of your rhino adventures. My adventures consisted of working on the house and preparing an elders' chorum lesson.

KaSs MiLeS said...

Jess is super old! I really wish that Kevin wouldn't wear a Utah jazz hat, sorry... :0) the rhino sounds fun!

Amy said...

That looks fun! And don't give Kory sympathy for his comment, as he is the one opted to do that instead of coming and spend the weekend with me camping and having fun.

Janelle Johnson said...

Looks like you are having a fun, fun summer. I can't believe school is starting this month...blah.