Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July











The barbeque at Mom's was really fun, between Andy's Ant Castle and the Extreme Croquet Course. Swimming was even fun. I got there earlier enough to swim before being overloaded by kids who think that splashing and hanging on your back is fun. It's not. At least not to me. Kyle thinks it's fun...but I'm all about the least amount of energy and least amount of water in my eyes. Lots of great people were there. And lots of great food. Rainy's brownies were pretty wonderful, which was obvious because they were ALL GONE! Way to go Rainey. My salad is still sitting in my fridge feeling rejected. Sarah and DustIN brought cake for James' birthday. He is way cute, but it's hard to believe that he's five. Oh, and for Jeff and Rainey: I got a report of what Cole was saying on the other side of the lawn to earn his money. He went over and said, "Who's Kelli? Oh, well she wants you to go sit by her." For those of you who weren't there I asked Cole to go get Kyle for me, and he wouldn't, so I offered him a quarter and he immediately jumped up to do it. He came back and reported that Kyle said no. So I asked if he had told Kyle that that hurts my feelings and Cole said, "No, I didn't know that. How did I not know that?!" SO he went back to Kyle, but still failed in getting Kyle to come over. :( But I paid up anyway. However, all my quarters must have fallen out or been spent renting movies at the library, so I gave him a dollar instead, which he thought was pretty great.

6 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

I'm sad i missed out on Rainey's brownies. She'll have to do a do-over for me soon. I like the new blog look, but it sure hurts my eyes.

rain said...

Who's Kelli? The dollar has been spent. It was totally burning a hole in Cole's pocket. He was pretty proud of all his "hard work", he said. Your pictures turned out really cute. I wish I would have taken some. I DID tell Jeff to bring me my camera, and after all that hard work, I didn't take a single one. Also, I liked your salad...wasn't it the salsa-type one with the peppers and pine-nuts? I ate it.

Kory said...

Just for everyone's information, the reason the trampoline was wet was because Andy put a whole army of ants on there. It was a radical BBQ.

Amy said...

I believe Cole even tried to make Kyle feel bad for not going over their. Something to the effect of "She said she is really sad" but in a cute Cole way.

I took a few pictures, but my camera doesn't do so well at night. I haven't figured that out just yet.

I ate your salad, it was good, But I had a hard time with the onions because I dislike them, but the other stuff in it was way good. At least you brought something home made. I bring the chips, I know I go ALL out!

Janelle Johnson said...

Haha! I like your blog. Reminds me of you...funny how that works! Sounds like you had a fun 4th! I'm glad.

Shauna said...

It was fun! I was really touched how our family doesn't bring sparklers so we don't have to wisk our kids off before fireworks start. I can actually relax for once. Thanks.