Sunday, July 20, 2008

FISHING

This is my first fish ever! Jerome, Kass, and Kyle waited very patiently for me to catch this beautiful fish, because believe me it did not come easy, as Kassie has thoroughly mentioned in her blog.



You see, first I got the nasty flourescent bait all over me. Then I cast it in over and over and over again, until I gave up and Kyle took over. But at the end Jerome was determined that I catch something, so they gave me both poles to double my chances. I got about a zillion bites, but they all got away every time that Kass picked up the camera to capture the moment. But after I gave up and was reeling in the pole (because I had broke the other line) there was a fish on the end!


Kyle did much better. This is a picture of what he caught first. I was very proud.

But then he caught a real fish!





This little boy kept bringing this nasty fish over that he caught. I don't know why his dad kept letting him play with the dead fish. He played with it for like a half hour. It was so gross, but he was so cute. Even though he came over like twenty million times. And asked if he could hold some of our fish. Wouldn't you want to?!


I was very glad that Jerome was there to take care of the fish gutting and preparation. I nearly barfed watching him rip the fish apart, but it was one of those things that was so revolting that I could not take my eyes off of it for even a second.
And it tasted good. Unfortunately, it is on my list of things I won't eat because the idea of it grosses me out. But Kyle and Jerome enjoyed it.

5 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

I'm glad there's a picture of my big fat nasty gross body in the background of Logan's proud fish... (i learned his name). I really want to go fishing again. Its much more interesting with more fishing poles, you should get your licenses and go again, you can go until October, so there's lots of time left!! :0)

rain said...

With Kyle's fish picture, now EVERYONE knows who caught the smallest. I had already come to that conclusion, but now my hypothesis has been visually confirmed. Thank you.

Kelli said...

Rainey, I wouldn't diss on your babysitter for tomorrow night.. Who knows what he'll do to your children. And Kass, I really want to go again. If we get liscenses can we borrow poles?

Erinn and Ryan said...

I'm so jealous. I love fishing. Unfortunately, we're always too cheap and too lazy to get licenses. (I'm too nervous to enjoy it if we "poach")

Erinn and Ryan said...

What the ??? What is ampRyan? Looks like Connor has been editing our account again . . .