Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Book Club

I'm hosting book club tonight and I have so much anxiety. I don't know if there will be enough food and/or enough chairs. I don't know if people liked the book..because I kind of didn't. I don't know if they'll stay forever or quickly excuse themselves out of my tiny apartment. I just don't any of this. One thing that has helped is that my 4:00 therapy appointment rescheduled. But instead of using the time to prepare I'm just blogging about the anxiety. I'm so productive, I know. But the tv is on and I have a hard time pulling myself away. I also hate trying to prepare food and time it so that it is warm when people will be eating it...which is another reason that I am stalling.

6 comments:

rain said...

It will be great. I'll totally eat everything...or not, depending on whether or not everyone else is hungry. So that's covered. Also, this is always a scary thing. You never know what people are thinking, so on and so forth. Just go with it, if they leave early, you're off the hook. If they don't, you waiting for them to leave. It's the way it goes EVERY TIME. We'll have fun. I can't wait to hear the book comments...

DeSisto Digitals said...

Okay, so now I feel that I have the RIGHT to post on your blog! Here are my feelings - your book club was AWESOME! Everyone had a blast and the food was EXCELLENT! :) Wow... I just realized I'm screaming, but I tend to do that (I'm sure your neighbors noticed I was louder than the train). Anyhow... I was right about lil' skunky - I'm not allowed to take it to work, Chris loves it just as much as me and so now we have a new living room decoration (soon we will have a shrine to it)! :) THANKS SO MUCH! There I go screaming again...

rain said...

I enjoyed the dinner as well. I felt that the evening was a success, and I was sufficiently entertained. So, big props to you. I didn't get any handmade gifts, and I was a little offended about that....but I guess I'll get over it in time. Other than that massive mistake, it was a lovely evening.

KaSs MiLeS said...

How'd it go? i didn't catch this post until today. Sorry

Kelli said...

It went well. Everyone at least pretended to like my food and there was plenty of room for everyone, despite Kyle's anxiety about our house being too small. So it was all good.

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Well I am going to comment here! You did a great job. Your food was great. Also you didn't get mad when I spilled on your floor. I think it was wonderful.