Friday, July 15, 2011

Seattle

 After Spokane we flew to Seattle. Unfortunately Kyle had to catch a connecting flight home, but I stayed and spent a week with Keri. It was SOO much fun.  We did the usually thrift store shopping (and all of them have a mechanical horse, strangely) and I got some great stuff.
 But the BEST BEST part was our trip. Vic got his dad's car (shown below in all its glory) and we drove down to Great Wolf Lodge. Which is the best place ever and should be next summer's Anderson and/or Murray family vacation destination.

 Both kids insisted on sitting next to Felix, so all three adults got the front. Keri and I traded off on the super comfortable hump
 The kids had their own little cove with bunkbeds and a tv, Vic and Keri had the main bed and Felix and I had the pullout couch next to Keri and Vic.
 There were two main parts to the Great Wolf Lodge. One was this interactive video game type thing. You had this wand that activates stuff all over the hotel. You go up to a tree and point your wand at it and it tells you your mission For ex: to find all five crystals--you find the crystals by wandering the lodge [but there are hints in your adventure guide] and point your wand at them when you find them. After finding all the crystals you return to the tree and you get a "rune" for completing the mission. After all the missions you have all these runes to fight the dragon with. You go in this room with this huge screen and use your runes (through this touch screen box in front of you) and your wand to fight a dragon that is on the screen. It was SO much fun for kids and adults.
 And you totally get a certificate and a button for becoming a Master Magi.
 The second awesome part was the waterpark. It is indoors, so it doesn't matter what the weather is, and it is nearly as big as seven peaks. There is a wave pool, slides for ALL ages (you should have seen the fear on Keri's face the first time down) and play areas for babies up to older kids. It was so so much fun. And it was super hot in there so getting in the water was enjoyable, not freezing.


 Unfortunately, it was a little TOO warm for Felix in there. As we left (luckily AFTER we went out the front doors) he puked everywhere. It was the biggest puke I've seen from him. Then he wouldn't eat or sleep and just kept crying and crying and I ended up going to Instacare. The doctor there was a huge idiot. He sent us to a children's hospital over an hour away because he was sure Felix's intestines were folding in on themselves or the valve to them was messed up. At the ER the doctor said Felix was just constipated and that there was no way those other things were happening. He said the valve thing only shows up in teeny tiny babies. That doctor was awesome, the other one, not so much. So after an enema Felix was back to normal. Keri and I figured he just had a combination of heat exhaustion and constipation and that's what was wrong. But he was super cute in his gown :)
He also took a bath in Keri's sink, which the kids just thought was hilarious. Especially when Felix started playing with himself. Erik yelled out, "He's doing what I do!" We were all doubled over in laughter. Keri got a good shot of it below.


 We went bowling one night cause the kids wanted to (and I wanted to too). Felix was really good, but poor Erik got a headache so he just slept on the chairs and didn't play.










 I am super pretty when I don't get a good shot...
 But Vic is super serious...

 On Mother's Day Vic made Keri and I breakfast and I got my first Mother's Day card--from Taryn! Kyle bought me some flowers for mothers day...but bought them in Utah while I was in Seattle and sent me a picture. Keri said that really peaked out Kyle's weirdness to her.  Later in the day we went to the Family Fun Center (which was strangely crowded). Then Vic took the kids and Keri and I went to another Goodwill and then to dinner.








 My last night there Taryn and Erik both wanted their hair french braided.
It was a totally awesome trip. One of my best up there. And flying back to Utah alone with Felix was totally fine. I can't wait to go up again!

9 comments:

Keri said...

oh, good memories. That was a super fun trip. And I think you have the cutest kid on the planet. His smile always brightens my mood.

Kyle said...

I love.... I can't even decide which picture is the best. There's too many good ones.

I was really sad I couldn't be there to win the title Master Magi. Not just sad. Pissed. I NEED that title, and the certificate so that I can hang it up in my cubicle. That way people will know I'm legit.

rain said...

You should have been honest and told Erik that Felix was doing what EVERY boy does. ;) I loved Felix in the star glasses. So cute!
And I totally need to go to that Great Wolf...something or other. I totally spaced the name, but I've looked it up online a couple times, and I'm so jealous you got to go. It's one of my places to vacation, should we ever be brave enough to "venture out".
I loved how much Taryn and Erik adored Felix. That's always so cute to me.

Erinn and Ryan said...

We keep planning to do a Seattle vacation, but it just hasn't happened yet. Great Wolf Lodge looks awesome!

I'm glad Felix was such a good traveler. Strangely, my kids all get constipated on trips, too.

Kory said...

Too many things to comment on... I love the picture of Felix in the hospital and in the ding dong picture. That hotel seems rad, and so does Vic's car.

Kory said...

My word verification is fackerf.

KaSs MiLeS said...

i'm soooo jealous!!! that looked like so much fun!

Sarah said...

That looks like a lot of fun - it's great that you can take trips on your own!

maida said...

It looks super fun and makes me wish I was there. Great pictures!