Thursday, December 16, 2010

Overalls...really?

In 7th grade I could not find jeans that looked good on me. I searched and searched and never found any. I found that skirts looked great on me, but a stupid 8th grader declared every day as Friday Flip Up day and that was the end of me wearing skirts. So I finally found a pair of overalls that I thought I looked okay in and that was the best I could find. One day this girl asked why I wore the same pants every day and I lied and told her I had multiple pairs. This was a time of horrible nerdiness and immense self loathing, and with time overalls got associated with this awful feelings. So after 7th grade I decidedly hated overalls and banned them from my life. That included my kids' lives so I swore never to buy Felix any. Then I happened to get two pairs of overalls from my showers...and he finally hit the size that they were so I decided to try them on him as a joke to show Kyle. But then guess what, I FELL IN LOVE! He looks so cute in them, they are my new favorite outfit. I swore I wouldn't use my blog to gush about my baby, but I've been home alone all day and had no one to share his cuteness with.

8 comments:

Cassie said...

Gush away. I think you have to with babies! I love the overalls. And, I share a similar junior high/overalls story...

Keri said...

He does look suuuuuper cute. I love boy clothes!

KaSs MiLeS said...

oh i want to squish his cheeks. he is so cute

Kory said...

They do look excellent. I think Steve will love them.

Erinn and Ryan said...

Oh, yeah. There's something about baby boys in overalls that just melts your heart. You'll notice that Evan's wearing some in our Christmas Card picture.

Were your Junior High overalls shorts by any chance? Those were my archetypal awkward-years outfit.

Amy said...

I have a pair that would probably fit him you can have. I hate overalls, sorry but I do, but I admit I used to wear them. I am just not a fan of them now.

BUT with that being said he does look like an adorable little construction worker in them and looks darling, and his smile is too cute. Isn't it funny how often we eat our own words with kids and do things we swore we would NEVER do? Plus I think your blogs way more interesting when its about your kid. Just saying.

Amy said...

AND I think he looks like you in that picture.

maida said...

It is soo cute, I love overalls on kids.