Sunday, October 17, 2010

Anderson Halloween Party 2010

I was really nervous I wouldn't feel up to doing a party this year. And then when I did feel up to it I was worried that I wouldn't be able to make it as fun or more fun than last year. But I am really pleased with how it turned out. Thanks to everyone who came and especially to those who helped! For those of you who don't know my dad and don't get Felix's costume, please refer to the picture below:
My decorations were really low key, but I'm happy with them.
Mom made home made rootbeer and it was a hit--especially with Andy. Andy was very appreciative of everything festive.
Now here are the family shots, starting with us:
Kass, Jerome, and Story
My mom, who is the greatest for dressing up even though her husband never will:
Shauna's Family, who gets the best family theme award:
Andy and Lynus. Lynus had to be Luigi even though he's smaller because both his and Luigi's names start with L.
Kim's Family:
Kory, Amy and Axel:
Brandon, Ashley, and Ashdon (Ashdon's costume was the best!):
Wendy's family (the boy on the end is Justin, Jenny's boyfriend standing in for Justin, Jenny's brother who refuses to come to my parties).
Jeff's family (don't worry Rainey IS dressed up, she's a really mean mom):
Kurt's family:
Everyone:
Here's some shots from the games. Thank you to Jessica for being the event photographer, even if it meant getting a lot of shots of her :)
Here's the scare crow relay game:
Btw this is Jerome being a poor sport, they won anyway somehow.
Jeopardy:
Jeff almost won, but didn't wager enough at the end, so the prize went to Shauna.
And finally, the pinata. It was homemade and super cool looking...however, not too strong. So it didn't really work out since it fell off the string and broke during the testing phase.
So James broke it all the way open for everyone.
And clearly Cole got the most candy.
Kim took care of my baby once he woke up. That was really nice :)
And afterwards our friends, Stephanie and Shelton, who couldn't make it to the party came over and hung out with us. This is their little boy Legend in a skunk costume that Stephanie sewed herself. It is VERY impressive and he is super cute.

8 comments:

rain said...

I was really impressed with the party. You have boldly gone where no brand new mother has ever gone before. I don't know how you did it. That either makes you very impressive or very insane. Perhaps a little of both? My kiddos had a lot of fun. And I think I was dressed as the meanest mom there ever was. Just ask Andy.

Erinn and Ryan said...

Shauna's family must be pretty cool. That's the same theme our kids are doing this year. Connor is (of course) going as Mario, and Elise is Princess Peach.

I love Felix's costume.

Kory said...

It was an excellent party. That skunk costume is radical.

Ashley said...

Thanks for the party you did such a great job! You completely outdid yourself.
We had a lot of fun!
Felix's costume was the best!!

Sarah said...

It was a really good party and we just missed the rain :) I loved all the games but I think I win the mean Mom award for only letting the boys have 3 pieces of candy each!
PS - did you see the amount of cheating going on in the scarecrow race on the "winning" side???

Amy said...

It was a fun party, i am glad I was able to come.

Kory said...

There was no cheating. In fact Jerome walked the whole way across!

Unknown said...

How cool is that. Looked like a hit I love halloween party Kudos to those is dress up!!