Monday, September 13, 2010

Not So Bad

I thought I'd give a little update on myself...since Kyle and Felix are about the same. Well, Felix has a bunch more cuts on his face because we let him wear a t-shirt for half of today, which we won't do again until we can cut his nails. But as for me, I can't believe how good I feel. I seriously expected to be down and out for weeks and emotionally overwhelmed. But I'm not. I love this kid and I love taking care of him. I am really tired, but I'm managing. And my body is healing pretty fast. My stomach is slowly deflating and I'm still on pain meds, but I can walk down the street and back and bend over and pick stuff up (which I haven't done in months). So, anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm feeling really goood.

9 comments:

rain said...

Excellent. I have to say, I feel like that right after I have had my babies, too. You just get SO used to feeling crappy, that being able to heal and having a little someone that you love always with you is pretty great. Despite being so tired you could sleep in any situation imaginable, as long as you get to sleep.

KaSs MiLeS said...

that's so awesome. i'm glad you're feeling better. your feet will slowly deflate too.
i love that picture. he is so sweet. i'm diggin the binki. :)

Kendra said...

I'm so glad you're feeling so great! You definitely deserve it after a hard pregnancy and delivery. :)

Kory said...

I'm really glad you are feeling good. Felix is a great lounger. And in the 7th picture in your last post looks like he deals with stress the same way you do.

Keri said...

I love that picture too. I'm glad you're feeling good.

Amy said...

That's how we were and I was really surprised. We kept saying when is this going to be hard? haha funny how much the love for them can make you just feel good huh?

he's pretty stinking cute. looks like he has long legs too?! I love those shirts and wished we would have taken ours home. Why can't you cut his nails?

Ashley said...

Congrats Kelli that's awesome news.
It took me a few weeks to walk normal so that's wonderful!

I can't wait to come see the little guy he looks so cute!

Erinn and Ryan said...

Are you able to enjoy food again? What was (or will be, if you're not there yet) the best thing you've gotten to eat since the pregnancy pukes and diabetes went away?

What a cute little monster. I can't wait to come see him.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad to hear that you feel good - have fun with the little one!