Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome Home!

Remember the girl in the first episode of Lost who just stands there screaming while people are gushing blood and trying to help others all arond her?

That was me when we came home last night.

We got to the back door and heard the calming sound of rushing water.

We burst in with a flood of profanities. Kyle ran to the water and turned it off and as soon as he came back into the room (after assuring his computers were safe and dry) he wrapped his arms around my sobbing body and told me it'd be okay.

We've had a ton of help cleaning out the ceiling that had fallen into our kitchen and soaking up the resulting flood.

I think there's still a long way to go.

But at least I'm not sobbing.

13 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

seriously so so awful, but im glad not all your irreplacable stuff got ruined, except for poor giraffe.

rain said...

WTF?? What happened?

Kyle said...

Frozen pipe = kitchen waterfall.

We're not sure how long it was going on either.

rain said...

Uhhh. That's no good. I hate, hate, HATE water problems! So messy and stressful. Sorry. I think that's one of the crappiest ways possible to end a vacation. Top 5, for sure.

Kyle said...

I like to think of it as the house was crying inconsolably at our absence.

It was really pretty jacked up the first night, although we did our best to kinda mop up the aftermath.

It's looking much better today, though. And things could have been much worse.

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh that's horrible!!! Let us know if you guys need any help.

Keri said...

Oh, I'm so so sorry. That must have been such a terrible shock.

Shauna said...

I am so sorry to hear about the flood! That is aweful!! But love seeing the pics of your trip. Heidi would say that your flood means you are in for a major transformation. I hope your insurance lets you have the kitchen of your dreams!!

Kyle said...

Just an update for everyone interested: insurance is paying for it all, so we're looking at an all expenses paid remodel. Kinda nice, actually. Like double Christmas this year.

Amy said...

That seriously so crappy, but I just read kyles comment and am like yeah! And now am a little jealous you get a fabulous new kitchen! Wahoo!

rain said...

Insurance is paying for all of it...that alllmost makes everything worthwhile. Or maybe it does make everything worthwhile. When it's all done and paid for.

Kim Anderson said...

So sorry! I'm glad that insurance is helping you out, though. If that would have happened to me, I'm sure I would have been the screaming girl, too.

Amy said...

So I keep checking your blog hoping to see pictures of your great flood, but nope...