Friday, January 15, 2010

Pictureless Update

Without living in a house where there's a computer everywhere I turn I just haven't "been able" and by that I mean I've been way too lazy to upload pictures.

But I promise I will. There's tons more Rome pictures. They will not be forgotten even with the awful flood.

And our house is coming along. We have drywall! And some other stuff was done but I don't know what it was called. Maybe mudding. But I don't know what that word really means.

Our cabinets will be done Thursday. They were custom made and we picked a dark brown finish and a gray textured countertop. We both stress about if this was the right decision probably daily.

And now we need to pick the carpet and then our part will be done! After that we just wait for them to finish painting and putting in the stuff we picked out. Hallelujah. We're halfway there :)

5 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

mudding means that there is putty stuff where all the pieces of dry wall meat. that's awesome that they are so far!! i'm excited to see it all finished!

Sarah said...

yeah - I'm glad you're half way there! I can't wait to see the rest of your photos!

Shauna said...

Holy crap, I would be screaming too! Those pics are awful!! I can't wait to see the new kitchen though.

Amy said...

I think from what you described to me yesterday, your kitchen will turn out great! We have dark cabinets and gray counters in our bathroom and I love it. We also one day when we get the time and energy and money will be staining our kitchen ones darker, and replacing the counter with gray as well. So in my opinion it sounds lovely. :) Can't wait to see it! I am sure it will be so beautiful!

rain said...

I'm excited to see pics, as well. Just fyi.