Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Fence Post

I was asking Kyle what to title this blog and I said, "What's a clever title for the fence post?" And as I said it out loud I realized how clever I am, without even trying :) So, we'll start out with the cute part of the post. Above is Felix while we were digging holes and cementing in the posts for the fence. He was very happy. He eventually got way too cold and had to hang out inside with Grandma, and he didn't even freak out at all. In fact, he fell asleep while playing on the floor.
This is Felix while we were putting up the fence panels. It was snowing (even hailing) outside.
So really Felix stayed inside, but I bundled him up to go say hi to Kyle and Dad while they put up the panels.

I wish I had a picture of him while dad made the gates, but I was too busy calming him down. Every time dad would use a power tool he would burst into tears and just wail. He eventually had to go inside during this too.
I am so excited about our new fence. I am so excited to sit in my backyard and not have to talk to anyone. And I am so excited to be able to tan my post baby belly without anyone seeing me.
Kyle and Dad and Mom did such a great job. Thank you SO much for all the help!
Dad really loved my help. He said to get some screws and he said they could be as big as 3/8...but I heard 3/4...whoops. Dad made them work anyway. What a crafty fella.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I always mess up what Kory and your dad tell me to get at Home depot too! Your dad is always so great and just laughs it off.

That fence looks FANTASTIC! I am jealous for sure.

rain said...

I love your fence. I have to say when we got our fence at our last house, it brought us so much more peace. You'll love having your own space and privacy. And being able to just lay there--tanning--while Felix eats dirt. ;)

Keri said...

That baby is so stinkin cute!

Kory said...

We are definitely jealous of your fence. It sucks they had to put it up in the snow.

Erinn and Ryan said...

I could never enjoy being outside if the neighbors were gawking. Fences make the yard, I say. Plus, when Felix gets to the stage Evan is in, you can let him crawl around without him making a dash for the street.

KaSs MiLeS said...

That's awesome! Nice fence! I really want a fenced yard!