Thursday, March 26, 2009

Seattle

I flew to Seattle last Wednesday and Kyle joined my on Thursday. It was a great trip. I did an amazing job fighting off a cold my whole trip until the flight home which was delayed a couple times and I had to be up until almost 2am and then it hit me hard. But I'm already over it, so I'm good. Here's the trip:
Kyle wanted to hit up the EMP (Experience Music Project) and Science Fiction Museum. The beginning was a little...dry...but then it got way fun. We got to play tons of instruments and the best part was singing in a booth. Erik took a picture of our duet, but wouldn't join in. It quickly became a group project when Vic, Keri, and Taryn joined us. The Science Fiction Museum was awesome. I felt totally nerdy and happy.
We didn't know what to do the next day since I had already made my trip to Good Will and Kyle had his to the museums. So I suggested we go my favorite park even though it was an hour away. I was glad I did. We walked a very long way in search of the zipline swing and got to see the beach and get lots of exercise before getting to the wonderful swing that was made extra wonderful by Vic pulling us up as high as possible and pushing us off!

We ended the trip with some relaxing including me teaching the kids how to knit. I'm not a great teacher and wouldn't be available for help so I went with teaching them the knifty knitter. It was great. I can't wait to go again!

7 comments:

Keri said...

You didn't tell me your flight was delayed! That totally sucks! I'm sorry we got there so early then. It was super fun to have you guys, thanks for making the trip! I miss you already

KaSs MiLeS said...

so so fun! i can't wait to take Jerome there!!!

Christy Smith said...

How fun! Looks like you had a blast...I'm in desperate need of a vacation. If I can just make it to the end of the semester...

Sarah said...

I am very jealous - that looks like so much fun!! I miss Seattle and I hope we can go back sometime!

rain said...

You and Kyle look like you belong in a recording studio. When I imagine myself making records, that's what it looks like. I'm also jealous of the Seattle trip. One day I want to join the Visits to Seattle club.

Sarah said...

oh and i really love that photo of your shoe - it's very artisitc!

Shauna said...

I love the picture of Vic pushing Kyle on the swing!