Sunday, January 18, 2009

Words

So. I figured it's about time I made another post that wasn't a get-to-know-you scheme or some variety of Tagging.

I stumbled across a bunch of poems I've written in the last few years and thought I'd drop a few down occasionally for your perusal. Feel free to comment if you so wish, or not. You know... No pressure. Here goes:

Man

How could he ever leave you,
So small and full of need.
Now blusters back in drunken swag
His mouth so full of greed.
His arms are swinging wildly
And his eyes don't seem to see.
He's packaged up his ears too tight
To hear that you are free.
And with his unbound limbs he gropes
and still you shy away.
And while you beg for him to go,
You long for him to stay.

- Kyle

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Wow, that's so good! So when did you write that?

Unknown said...

really good i thought it was better when i got what it was about, well put good job, it's pretty easy for you to think up poems huh? great job

Kyle said...

Thanks guys. I wrote it a few months back. I write probably more than I should... since most of it is absolute garbage. But I liked this one. It's about some kids that I really love.

rain said...

I think it's sad. I mean, very good--very well done, but very sad. And very observant, because it sums up a certain type of relationship between a kid and their father really, really well.

Unknown said...

I really loved your poem soo.. I've decided to respond with a poem of my own.... Kay?

Abused and deprived
Worthless in his eyes
Nothing I could do or say
He packed his bags and ran away
Caused him too much stress
Even though I tried my best

Left broken beyond repair
Surrounded by despair
I face this all alone
But I can't endure this on my own

Then you came along
And helped me to be strong
You made everything okay
Took all my pain away

How easily you filled the void
Healed the lives that he destroyed
Couldn't love you more
You're the savior we've been waiting for

I can't thank you enough
For saving me when things get tough

The. End.
<3 Jess