Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Years in LA

We went to LA for New Years, but of course I lost my camera, so I haven't been able to post anything about our trip because all I had was Erinn's pictures and I didn't want to steal them. But I finally looked for my camera yesterday and found it in the first place I looked! I think the two weeks of thinking about looking really prepped me so my looking was super efficient! Our trip to LA consisted of a trip to the Arboretum, which is a place with trees from all over the world. It was a lot of walking, but it was really cool. This wicker house thing was the best. I really wish we had had this picture for our Christmas cards.And these turtles slowly making turtle love was maybe the best part. Someone suggested that this one was just making his way down the line...The actually night of New Year's Eve Kyle's family (his parents were there the first day with us before they went on to some dog shows) went to see all the floats that would be in the Rose Parade the next day while I made Kyle stay at Erinn's house with me while I ran to the bathroom puking every few minutes. I'm sure Kyle had a blast. I know I did! Another day we headed to LA zoo where I strangely ran into Katie Hiatt!
Above is Erinn and her kids and below is Kyle and I trying to make Connor smile.
Our last night there we went shopping and there was even an H & M! My favorite store from London! I didn't find anything to buy because clothes aren't very fun to shop for when you know you're going to be too fat for them pretty soon, but Erinn got stuff! We were going to eat at Erinn's favorite restaurant but it was too long of a wait so we ate crepes instead. They were totally unhealthy but SOOOOOOO good! I had a crepe filled with Nutella, strawberries, bananas and whip cream! Kyle just went for bananas and Nutella. Oh I would die if that place was here!
The morning before we left we went to the beach. I was very very ill so I couldn't enjoy it very much. But Connor loved it and got so wet and muddy that his parents of course ripped his pants off...It made a cute and only slightly inappropriate picture :)
The drive home was fairly miserable. Kyle was so nice and drove the whole way and let me sleep and complain when I was awake.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

That sounds really fun! When we were in San Diego I had a crepe filled with Nutella and I just about died it was soooooo good so I totally understand how good it was!

Amy said...

That sounds yummy, we just had crepes for lunch, but none had nutella in them :( I am sorry you were so sick! Your trip looks way fun, it makes me want to go on a trip...

Keri said...

What the heck is nutella?
That looks like a lot of fun! That picture of you and kyle in the straw thing is very cute.

Kelli said...

Nutella is like peanut butter but chocolate. It's from Germany or something.

Erinn and Ryan said...

It was so fun having you guys here. I'm hoping that your being sick won't make you subconsciously avoid coming back.

Interesting that I still haven't posted about that visit, and I have much fewer excuses than you do. Maybe tomorrow . . . .

Shauna said...

Funny you and Katy both told me you ran into each other. I love your sexy turtle picture and I'm glad you found your camera.

Keri, you don't know what nutella is? It hazelnut butter with chocolate.

rain said...

Nutella? Nooooooo! I've tried so hard to like it, but ew. Just can't. I think that the slightly inappropriate pictures of children are the best...does that make me borderline pedophile? I really hope not. Yay for finding your camera through a sort of "thinking about it" osmosis. Is there a trick to really concentrating on how I need to clean, and then just accomplishing it? Because if so, someone needs to write it down for me.

Jess~ca said...

That looks like so much fun! I go to the mall with Skyler and look at all the clothes I would like to buy and then think, "crap, I won't be able to wear that for five more months, never mind!" Oh, and when are you due? just curious :)