Saturday, May 17, 2008

THE ZOO!!!

On our way to Janet's dog show this morning in Logan, which we got up at 8am to attend, she called and told us we shouldn't bother. But since we were half way to Salt Lake already we decided to do something fun while we were out. We being Kyle, his sister Erinn and her two kids, Connor (pictured above) and Elise (strapped to Erinn's back through the whole trip). It was great! 9am is the perfect time to arrive at the zoo. The weather was quite nice and the lines were non-existant. By the time we left a little past noon the sun was wretchedly hot, there were crowds everywhere, the line to get in was down the block, and the closest parking was at least three blocks away. But we just had to meandere the hundred feet to our very close parking spot to go home. It was great. I definitely recommend it. None of this sleep stuff. You can do that later. The exhibits at the zoo are improved too. The elephants have so much space and the hippos are gone. It's probably just as well. It was such a sad exhibit with the dark musty smell of hippos living on concrete slabs. My favorite animal was the Collared Peccaries. They are hairy pigs and so so cute! I've included a picture to appease your confusion/curiosity:

This isn't one that actually lives in the Hogle Zoo, because we all forgot our cameras. The picture of Connor and me is from Kyle's phone. Not bad for a phone picture! My phone camera sucks. But that's a different story. Long story short: I love zoos and I was so excited that we got to go today!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah that is my biggest complaint about this phone. I think I warned you, but maybe I just warned Kassie. But it looks like fun! I need to go to the zoo, its been too long. a couple of years I think maybe

rain said...

See, you're lucky. You went at a perfect time and actually got to see the animals. (We didn't go last year, because the year before we were so disappointed in the zoo's audacity to remain open, when ALL of their animal's environments were closed down; promising that next year, it will be fabulous!) So I personally boycotted the zoo. I'm glad to hear all is well, now. That should be a fun activity for Jeff and me and the kids.