Thursday, May 22, 2008

Netti Pot and April

Here are my two accomplishments for the day, both kind of half done. The first is another go at the old Netti Pot. Reagan told me to get one of these for my sinus infection. The first time was sweet. You stick the thing in your nose filled with water and with your head tipped pour it in. Then the water goes in one nostril and out the other. However, tonight it would not come out the right side nostril and came out my eye socket instead so I feel like I've been crying. And I guess I look like I'm crying in that picture, but I'm not I'm laughing and wondering why it won't come out. You can see it barely dripping out the bottom side in the second picture, when it should be a full stream.



The next accomplishment was finally finally finishing my doll, April. I was making her when I brought the Ninja Turtles over for everyone to see and Andy said she was April O'Neil, so in honor of Andy she is named April. I wasn't so sure about her face, but it's growing on me. The second picture includes her little owl friend. They both spend their days on my desk. I like them both a lot. These are the two I don't know if I'll ever give away.



6 comments:

Kat Clark said...

Ew gross but also very intriguing. I saw the netti pot featured on Oprah and have wondered about it ever since. I don't think I want to use it now that I know it can come out your eye. On another note, I like alot of the books that you have read, funny. And lastly, do you have an etsy shop for your knitted dolls? I really love the ninja turtles. I would buy those for Jack's room if you would sell them. :)

Kory said...

See! I told you, you should sell these things. That's a great picture on top! I'm not so sure about those things. Good job on April. It looks good.

Amy said...

First of all, that tea pot you put up your nose, made my stomach hurt, I am not so sure about those things, why not just use a turkey baster, I am sure it would work just as well! Or you could use one of those baby booger suckers...

I really like how April turned out, she is super cute. I still have all that yarn at my house just begging you to come pick it up...so you know whenever you want it, its yours.

rain said...

I'm not a fan of the netti pot, I have decided. It just looks gross and ridiculous. But hey, if it works, good for you. I have never suffered from a sinus infection, so I don't know what you're dealing with. April, on the other hand, is fabulous. You should keep her for you if you love her..and the owl, too. It's no fun if you don't get to make anything for yourself, right? That's how I feel about cooking.

KaSs MiLeS said...

That netti pot is disgusting. i really like your doll, although i kind of wish she had some sort of skirt or pants. she looks great though! You should consider giving her to story... :0)

Kelli said...

I don't have a shop but I am thinking about posting them on ebay. And I've also taken orders from people who have seen stuff and wanted their own. But nothing real official. Kory keeps bugging me to do that. But for now I just do it unofficially.