Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Quickie


Not that kind of quickie you sick-os. My mother-in-law went to pick up my sister-in-law and her two children and her two dogs to come for a visit. She didn't want to go alone and promised me that I'd be back for my Wednesday appointments so we left Tuesday at 5am--yes I was on time, early even--and drove to l.a. After an hour and a half stop at Erinn's house we came straight back. And to answer all your questions--it was not awkward to be with my mother-in-law alone for that long. I really like her and we get along really well. I was really glad I could go with her. We even shared a bed and blankets. Kyle says that now we need to find a way for him and Bob to share a bed... let me know if you have any great ideas. I think it'd be good for him. He would appreciate how little I relieve gas if he spent a night with Bob. But the trip was quick and exhausting. I can't imagine how Janet, my mother-in-law felt. I slept a ton and she didn't hardly get to at all. Hardly even at night with two dogs and two kids. Despite her lack of sleep and Erinn's doddling Janet was true to her word and got me back on time for my appointment--which didn't go as well as I hoped...I had no idea what to say! That's how I feel often at my job, but I love it. Today I got to make dream catchers with a cute little six year old boy. I love my jobs- I'm really lucky. Anyway. I'm back and busy now! And I don't think the traveling screwed up my sleeping too bad. It's before midnight and I'm off to read Host until I fall asleep.
P.S. To any of those reading Host. Hang in during the beginning. It gets better.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think I will start reading that now. Because I need a good book to read, people just are not blogging enough to keep me interested. Yeah I think kyle and Bob do need to spend some quality time together. Yeah people asked the same thing to me when Kory had his surgery when we were dating, and I spent a couple days with your mom, but it wasn't awkward at all, I learned a lot about your mom and it was nice to have someone else their to share the burden of worrying about Kory.

rain said...

As much as I love Maida, I don't think I could do it. Maybe when Jeff and I were dating, but I've devolved too much into someone like my husband, and I think it would just be painfully uncomfortable. Anyway, I may be transferring feelings that I have when I stay with my OWN mother...it's always awkward. I broke down and ordered the book. My Science Fiction book club had a sale, and I couldn't find it anywhere else. But hey, I got it for $12.00, so I did okay.

KaSs MiLeS said...

There are so many golden opportunities for Kyle to jump in with dad. Just wait for a family outing and before you know it, under a tree he'll be, just tell him to snuggle up next to him. Its really easy. :0)