Friday, September 2, 2011

Erinn Visits--AGAIN!

Erinn came to visit us, but really she was just killing time before her Aspen Grove trip, but we'll take what we can get. So, the Juab county fair was in town at the same time, so we made the most of it. They sent out a REALLY big packet about the many adventures the fair would bring, but it was quite a small thing when you went there irl. But we had a lot of fun. We all went to see the exhibits in the hot hot sun and Saturday night we went to the DEMOLITION DERBY!! Coolest thing ever. And Janet watched the babies, which I will be forever grateful for!                                                          
There were some cool things I may make sometime in my life, like this owl bib and this cat quilt (you'll never guess who wants the quilt). And I liked looking at the animals...Felix didn't love them eating his toes so much. This is the picture I took of Janet and Felix as we left for the derby. They were a little bit far away.
The derby started out awesome. Lots of action, we were having a great time.
 
Then these clouds started inching their way to us.
And the wind started blowing, and the rain started falling (but not heavy enough to stop the sand from getting in our eyes and pelting my bare calves), and then the lightning came and the fire marshal evacuated the stadium.
And Elise was VERY scared.



So we went to our cars like we were told and chilled there for about a half hour until we were allowed back in the arena.

And it was pretty good from then on.

Until a girl got hurt and it took this many firemen to help her:
And apparently it was tacky for me to be taking pictures and talking about how bored I was with her injury.
Here's a picture resulting from my boredom. And yes that is the toenail polish Rainey applied on the 4th of July--and it is still on my toes.
Finally they went on with it. This blue car rolled over not one, but TWO different cars. He was pretty amazing.

But another car was smoking out of control when he hit the second one and I missed the actual roll :(


Another weekend, while Erinn was still here, our friends Shelton and Stephanie invited us to a slip and slide party. It was really really fun. Connor was very shy and worried people would know he was there for the slip and slide because he was in a swimsuit. Then he was scared it would be too scary. But he quickly got over all those fears and was going down non stop.

Erinn was sweet enough to take some really lovely pictures of me--like this one of me about to sneeze and the one below it of me trying not to get water in my mouth...You should zoom in on it. It's a really lovely one :)

8 comments:

Shauna said...

Nice far away pic of Janet and Felix. I'm sure that was worth the upload time. Who is the little guy in pool with Felix? They look so much alike! They have that Murray grin!

Ashley said...

I LOVE demo derby's we haven't been to one this year so i'm pretty jealous!
A few years back we were in a storm at the Heber derby, it was awful! They didn't kick us out but we did get super soaked and covered with sand.

rain said...

Being from Wyoming, I should LOVE demolition derbies. However, I've never been to one. I think never attending that, and NEVER dating a cowboy are things I just had to do in order to establish my individuality, you know? I would have been tacky with you, and complained about that "injured" girl and all the firemen. And I TOTALLY would have admired my toenail expertise to pass the time, as well. I do excellent work, for sure. I loved that first picture of Felix...that's like, the picture that shows who he is.
I also really enjoyed your slip n slide pics. I'm glad you posted them because now you know what you look like in both scenarios. Which is very important.

rain said...

I also felt really bad for Elise, when she was so scared. I would have felt the same way, and then, when she would have wanted to continue the show, I would have tried to convince her to stay in the car with me and watch a movie...or sleep. See what a fun person I am?

Amy said...

We used to go to those when we were dating. Fun stuff, cute pictures too. sorry I have to be quick cause I can only use my computer for emergencies these days. This is an emergency obviously :)

Kendra said...

Those are pretty cool pictures of the storm. And that slide looks SWEET!

Erinn and Ryan said...

You didn't mention that Elise wasn't scared of the wind, or the lightning, or the blowing dust. She was afraid that it was about to rain, and she might get WATER IN HER FACE! What a funny girl. We had a great time with you guys!

maida said...

Fun! We used to go to those demolition derbys and races. That storm looks like a bad one. Good pictures, most of them anyway.