Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shortest Month, Longest Post

So with the help of the tripod Erinn gave me, we gave a family photo a shot. See how well it turned out?
I seem to be the only one who smiles in family shots.
Unless it's Kyle laughing at his poor upset son.

We watched Story when Kass went in to have Gauge. We took a break from hours of Dora to go to the park. Felix went on a swing for the first time and LOVED it.
Story did not love Felix sitting by her encroaching on her space.
After lots of waiting we got to go meet Gauge.
I thought the breakable baby feeling would be gone since I had Felix but I guess I've gotten used to how sturdy Felix has gotten.
And I've basically spent every day since with Kass at the hospital or her house, getting a lot of knitting done. Felix was batting at the yarn my mom was winding up like a cat.

Kass asked me to make Story a hat, and I ended up making Gauge and Felix ones with the extra yarn.

Kass got the idea from her friend's blog and I just figured out how to copy them.


Last night our kitty welcomed Spring in by bringing in a dead bird. Oh joy. Better than live snakes at least.

Jamie is on a bracelet making rampage. She made Felix one and it looks adorable!

Lastly, after Andy rearranged our videos because I had left the middle open for weeks to do this project I decided it was time to get it done. When I bought the dvd holders I hugely overestimated so there was tons of open space so we filled it in with pictures.

8 comments:

Kyle said...

Looking at them side-by-side made me realize how related Story and Felix look.

They look like brother-and-sister. Or at least cousin-and-cousin.

Amy said...

I was going to say the same thing kyle, they both pull off that anderson scowl quite nicely. (I know cause both Axel and Kory do the same unamused look)

Kelli, ash and I were just talking about how in every picture I am too busy saying CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE to Axel get him to smile, all the while he and Kory are both pulling the are we done yet look, so I sympathize.

I am glad you blogged, your hats are adorable, Kass sent me a picture of the one on Story but these are much more clear. Way cute.

Love your DVD holder picture frame idea too!

Kory said...

That dvd holder idea is awesome. Somehow I missed the story and from your last post. I part of me died I think when I heard Nooni was abandoned. Rad hats, and gross dead bird.

Kory said...

I knew there was something else I meant to say. You win for getting the best picture of Mom.

KaSs MiLeS said...

I thought they looked alike too. Her 5 month pictures look a lot like he does now.
I've heard dead birds are bad omens, we had one on our porch not too long ago. It hit our window.
Thanks again for the hats, I really love them. Story has been wearing hers a lot. She'll truly appreciate it when it snows again.

Christy Smith said...

Holy cow, there's so much to comment on! First of all, I think your family picture is awesome and Felix is adorable. His smile is the cutest and I love the shot of him side by side with Gauge. The pictures look so awesome in your shelf, too! You're totally amazing to be able to just make up a way to make those cute hats -- I definitely admire your craftiness. And finally, you look so great and pretty in every picture. The end.

rain said...

I really like your family picture, as well. And I really, REALLY love the hats you've made! Those are some cute hats on some cute babies. This is where I whine and say, "I wish I had one". Just saying.
Also, you've been at Kass's each day? That's awesome. I would have loved it if my sisters could have come help me out, or just visit. She'll remember that forever.

Sarah said...

That must be really fun to hang out with your mum and sis all day - it's nice that you are helping out! I love, love, love the hats.