Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Homewrecking: My new hobby

So I used to watch Pokemon back in the day when I nannied Matthew and Andy. Then Cole came to the Halloween party and I realized Pokemon was back. Then when I came across this site (here) I decided to make Pikachu for Cole. And I made Finn from Adventuretime for Riley.
Little did I know Cole did not have room in his heart for two best friends. If you know Cole, you know that for the past several years, Nooni (sorry for the spelling), a stuffed bunny I believe, has been Cole's best friend. However, in the week following me giving Cole Pikachu, Rainey found an abandoned Nooni in her room and Pikachu in his place on Cole's bed. Rainey took pictures, but I couldn't get them to load. Rainey labeled me a homewrecker. I had no idea what I was doing.
This is Finn from Adventure Time. They and Kyle love that show, I don't. Especially with how difficult this toy was to make. I got the pattern here.

7 comments:

Amy said...

That last picture I was like wow Kyle looks a lot like Jeff in that picture...Wait wait that's jeff, hmmm maybe I need to start wearing my glasses all the time.

I had no idea who Finn was until Jess Flygare's toddler was Finn for Halloween. So I know who he is now, still haven't seen the cartoon, but you did a great job on both. :)

KaSs MiLeS said...

very cute. that last picture is really cute. I like the dolls you made. you're really generous with your crafts.
I can't believe noonie is being kicked to the side. I think that thing has been around longer than the blanket i made cole that jeff has had to restuff a bunch of times. it sure is awesome how much their kids appreciate things we make them though, makes you feel good!

Erinn and Ryan said...

1. You're too talented. 2. Your kid is cute. I still don't know if we're coming to visit or not, btw. I'll let people know as soon as I do.

rain said...

Riley has her Finn on a shelf with all her "homemade" stuff. Cole, however, leaves Pikachu everywhere he goes, and then loses it each half hour. It's weird how different they are. But both of them love having cool stuff. And they both consider both Finn and Pikachu to be pretty cool. I still need to post Riley's creations--motivated by both Lora's and your gifts. She's on a roll. And you LOVE being a homewrecker! Syd just saw the pic of Jeff and Felix...and tried to separate them with her fingers, like she does on the iPhone. She is NOT happy about it. ;)

Unknown said...

o|"Adventure Time, C'mon grab your friends, we'll go to very distant lands, wth Jake the Dog and Finn the Human, the fun will never end it's adventure time!"|o

Did that by memory (I hope I got it right...), Anyways Adventure Time is my Favorite show, kinda wish I had an Ice King *Hint, Hint*

Sarah said...

Wow, those are so cool! You should try selling them again - I would drop any toy for that one :)

Shauna said...

I am excited to make my minon! And I agree with Kass, you are generous with your talents and your time.