Sunday, January 9, 2011

Our First Week

This was our first week of the year. The cat found some great places to sleep since I've been better about keeping Felix's door shut. Her new favorite is the toilet paper basket (since it got emptied and not refilled yet).
And her second choice is on the towels...so don't use the top towel if you shower at our house.
Felix really got into his gym and is moving around a ton. He twisted himself all around, knocked the arch out and ended up on top of it.
Then later when Kyle tried to pick him up from his gym he refused to let go, no matter how high Kyle lifted him.
I finished making a minion for Jessica who was gushing about Despicable Me, which is for sure my new favorite movie. Here's the pattern: http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.com/2010/07/despicable-minion.html
And Andy came over to play Super Nintendo and watching Kiki's Delivery Service. It was so much fun to have him over. He told me: "Dying is not appropriate". Felix held his own bottle for a good ten seconds, maybe less, I'm a pretty poor judge of time.
And he loves to suck on everything. I know he's just a baby, but I am TERRIFIED he is going to grow up to be that little boy who sucks on his shirt all through elementary school.

5 comments:

Kory said...

You're terrified of him sucking on his shirt so you give him a shirt to suck on?

maida said...

Strong boy, that is funny. He is so cute.

KaSs MiLeS said...

that's 100% normal for him to be sucking on everything. that's what babies do, its how they learn. he will only be that kid if you let him be. :)

Sarah said...

How funny that he wouldn't let go of the gym! We just had my English friend's baby over and all she did was suck on things so I think it's normal! Your cat is so cute in the basket :)

Amy said...

I am glad he loves his gym so much :) Axel liked it too. I think the eyes of the animals really draw them in.

Celeste also likes to sleep on my towels when she is in trouble, it DRIVES me CRAZY, she pulls out 3 or 4 of them and lays them down for a bed. luckily they are all our seasonal towels that we don't use right now, I used to wash them every time, but now I just shove them back in knowing that tomorrow she will run away and get stuck in there again.

We haven't seen Despicable me yet, but I am dying to see it.