Saturday, August 22, 2009

Babysitting and Boating

We babysat last night and it was so fun. Story is so cute even though she is quite mobile now. She very much enjoyed going all over the place so we took turns sitting on the floor to keep her out of the wii and other cords.
Kyle very much enjoyed playing with her all night and she loved it.
Kyle also made us smoothies while we babysat from fresh blueberries and bananas. It was SOOOO delicious!
Last weekend we went boating at Yuba, which was (surprise!) really windy. While waiting for Dad to come back to the boat Kyle and I rescues praying mantis's from being blown by the wind into the lake.
This is where I spent most of my time on the boat. It's the bathroom. It was very warm in there and had a light so I could read and a little window so I could watch people on the tubes.
After the boat Kyle, Justin, and I went hiking. We found this lovely dead fish. They were all over the beach.
And this is me being amazed by the caves we were exploring. And that is the sash from my swimsuit hanging down from my shorts, not a pocket. I'm not that trashy.
Justin now has to get rid of his "I avoided Kelli's blog" T-shirt.
Kyle spent a good deal of time throwing rocks because they would break into a million little pieces when they hit the ground.
After hiking we rode the boat one last time. I can't believe Sydney could sleep through it!
I've got some great knitting pictures to come, but I realized I couldn't post them because they are gifts and I haven't given them to their rightful owners yet. But be excited!!!

6 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

so fun!! thanks for watching her again! Story has that same swimsuit that syd had on.

Erinn and Ryan said...

Your family's boat has a bathroom in it? This must be a bigger boat than I thought. I think riding in an enclosed space on a boat would make me sick.

Unknown said...

Man, I look pretty good in that picture actually....But I usually do. Sometime I'll have to take a T-shirt Design Class and really make a "I Avoided Kelli's Blog" T-shirt.

rain said...

Bummed that I missed the boating. But I heard that it was fun, and my kids said they enjoyed "the can", as well. (Riley even mentioned that you and she shared it for a little while). I also love that last pic of Jeff and Syd. I'm blog-lifting it.

Amy said...

It was really windy, it got much warmer as the day went on actually. That fish is the sickest thing I have seen in a really long time. I hate fish, but more than that I hate dead fish. GROSS. The shakes sound yummy.

Kory said...

I'm going to see if Amy will make me a similar smoothie. And that is a good picture of Justin.