Friday, May 29, 2009

All About Kyle

I must begin by apologizing to everyone, especially Sarah, for not posting in SOOOO long. It's been kind of crazy between moving and trying to get my lisence. But I passed my lisencing exam and am just waiting for my lisence so I can start working at my new job, Wasatch Mental Health (Youth Out Patient). But enough about me. Here's what Kyle has been up to:

First, a long time ago (I've been meaning to post Kyle's recent activities forever) he made this goblin out of wood at Kass and Jerome's house.
And he bought this electric drum set with his fun money and LOVES it. He played a song while his nephew danced and his nephew screamed in the middle of the song, "This song is SOO great!"
He's also been playing air soft with his friend Matt Gregerson from high school. I had no idea he dressed like this during these outtings until a few weeks ago...
After my graduation (thank goodness not before) he shaved his beard off and missed a HUGE spot.
Need I say more?
And most recently, his birthday was this week! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE!
To my surprise, Kyle has been LOVING taking care of our yard. He kept saying how much he was dreading it, yet every day he's out there doing something for it.
And we have been loving having his neice and nephew in town. Especially, since Elise actually likes us this time and can talk more (which results in less crying). And Connor is seriously the funniest kid ever now.
Lastly, on Kyle's birthday we went to see Kyle's Grandpa's grave in Logan. This is how Kyle and Connor spent their time there:

9 comments:

rain said...

I always thought that standing around a grave sight feeling bad isn't what those essences want--they wanna see you having fun and enjoying life! So much better than the sadness.

Congrats on getting your license! That's really awesome. I hope you really love your job.

Happy Birthday, Kyle! I didn't figure you as a "dress up for play dates" kind of guy, but you never neglect to surprise. I also complain about the yard work. And my theory is this: It always seems way overwhelming as you know it's going to be hot, and it's going to take time, etc. Then when you actually get out there and start doing it, it's like meditating. It suddenly becomes satisfying and enjoyable. And yes, I'm aware of how lame that sounds.

Um, Elise is wearing a onsie that Syd herself owns. The thing is, they are probably the same size.

You two look great in that first pic and Kyle's goblin is pretty much fabulous.

Shauna said...

I can't say it better than Rainey and ditto sounds lame, but she said all of it so well. I do love that picture of kyle and Dad laying on the grass, I'm sure it was staged but still you guys have some of the most creative pictures! You should frame that for Dad for Father's day!

KaSs MiLeS said...

i love that picture of kyle and dad. so funny! elise is a lucky girl, so brown and beautiful! i like that picture of kyle throwing connor! great post!

Sarah said...

Thank goodness - yeah for a new blog!!! I also love the photo of your Dad - it's so funny! So we got to see your lawn now what about the house??? Are you just trying to make us come over and see it for ourselves?? What a devious plan :) Congrats on your license - I'm so glad you have a great job now!

Amy said...

Haha that last picture is soooo funny!

Keri said...

That is a great post, so many interesting things.
First, Kyle, I'm sorry I missed your birthday. I had been planning all year to remember it, and then blew it at the last minute. I hope it was fantastic.
I love, love, that picture with dad on the grass. LOL.
My neighbor plays that air soft thing, I think it's weird, but to each his own, as mom would say.
Also, I want to recommend a push mower to you. We got one last year and love it. You leave the clippings on the grass to enrich it and it's so much better for the environment.
Just my 3 cents!

Keri said...

I forgot to say I love that goblin and hate the mustache!

Kory said...

Woopdy woop on Kyle posts!!! He's dope. I miss your mustache and I feel like I've been cheated by not being able to see it every day anymore.

Erinn and Ryan said...

I love all those pictures of Kyle. He's a master of disguise - ranging from North Montana Militia to West Virginia Trucker to 17-year-old.

We really enjoyed our visit. Thanks for letting us hog all your time off!