Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Public Service Announcement

If you haven't heard or have heard only a little here are the facts.

I had a miscarriage. A blighted ovum.

What I understand is that means within a week or two after we got pregnant the baby stopped developing and got reabsorbed into my body. My body, however, didn't catch on and kept thinking I was pregnant until about Monday night when I started bleeding. We went to the hospital Tuesday and the ultrasound found no heartbeat and no baby, just a sac and a placenta I believe. So that should all come out within 10 days and if it doesn't the doctor will start with pills to help it come out and then surgery if needed (a D & C).

That's really all we know and this is the easiest way of letting everyone else know.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am so sorry kelli and kyle. That is so hard. It is good that you are putting it out there, it's easier that way. We kept ours to ourself for a long time, and finally I decided to write about it because I needed to move on. One of my friends recommended I read this blog post.

http://segullah.org/cjane-speaks/the-hourglass-theory/

It puts a nice perspective on it. We love you both, and please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.

Sarah said...

Oh Kelli, I am so sorry! If you need to hang out and do some girly, relaxing stuff just let me know.

KaSs MiLeS said...

I'm really sorry guys. if you need anything chocolate apples or cookies let us know. take it easy.

rain said...

I'm sorry, too. I can't say anything to make it better, I know, and I hate that. But I'm here in case you need anything.

Steve Myers said...

We are so sorry. We can definatley relate. Like others have said there's nothing we can say to make it better. Please just know you are in our prayers. We love you!

Janelle Johnson said...

Thinking of you and Kyle.