Monday, June 16, 2008

Oh Dear


First of all, this book looks like a must read. But it also illustrates a horrible Father's Day mishap I had. Kyle and I were watching the Celtics/Lakers game with his parents and it was the 3rd quarter. I was kind of getting bored because basketball games are just too long. They should just have one half. So anyway, I took a quick nap. So I was enjoying my sleep since I had to get up early for church, but I was quite rudely interrupted...by myself. I had woken up to the sound of my own fart! I looked up at Kyle and he was glaring at me so I knew it was audible! I was mortified. But Kyle's family kindly pretended that it didn't happen. Even after I fell asleep and the whole thing happened again!
I did a little more research and the book sounds even greater. Here's a quote: "When an Elephant farts, the farts are really big. BAAROOMM!" And two people got knocked out by the gas.

7 comments:

Kat Clark said...

I can't believe no one else has commented on this post yet! I am literally laughing so hard I am crying. Or at least I was, I have ahold of myself now. That is so funny I don't even know what to say. I will never forget this and I bet your in-laws never will either!!! Ha ha ha...

KaSs MiLeS said...

Its typical Kelli... :0) I was also forced to watch that game with the in-laws as well, but we left after the first quarter. Sorry about your mishap. :0)

Kory said...

That's fantastic!! This is especially funny because Kyle's family doesn't fart! Ever! I'm kind of embarrassed for you.

rain said...

Oh. Yikes. There's really no way to come back from that, is there? You just know that your in-laws are going to talk about it betwixt themselves, feeling sorry for Kyle and what he has to put up with....tee-hee. Always look on the bright side, right?

PS, why is it that Asians always write the books on the less than fabulous body excretions? My sister gave my kids the book, Everybody Poops..and it's like, their favorite. So maybe KYLE and HIS FAMILY have the problem. Seriously. Tell them to get on board with these forward-thinking Asians, (is that politically correct?) and embrace the body and all its gloriousness. Now, if only they would write a book about sweaty armpits....I'd totally be set.

Keri said...

Thanks for the laugh!!!

Amy said...

That's mortifying! But hey its family, we have all done embarrassing things in front of our inlaws before, at least they were polite enough to ignore it, can you imagine if the situation had been reversed, and kyle did that in front of the Anderson group? But maybe that would have been better because it is funny, and they should laugh at it. I know I would have. :)

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

So this is Brandi from book club. I linked through Rains blog and I just have to say I very much admire your knitting skills. I love the teenage mutant ninja turtles. You are amazing!