Monday, November 29, 2010

The End of an Era

I have been reading this book since Felix was born. It was so amazing. I have never seen the movie nor did I know anything about the movie except that it ends with Rhett saying, "Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn". And he was so not talking about what I thought he was talking about. Everything in it was a surprise and exciting to me. Just ask Kyle, every day I was telling him about the new exciting things that were happening. My favorite part about it was that it was over 1400 pages, because I never wanted it to end. This is officially my new favorite book. And that's a big list to get on the top of. Well, it's only competition is The Bell Jar, but at the moment I like this one more.

5 comments:

Keri said...

I was just getting excited to read it...thinking I would go next to the library website and put it on my list...and then you had to mention the bell jar.

Amy said...

That is my mom's favorite too, I have seen the movies too. I have never read the book tho

Christy Smith said...

I used to watch that movie almost every weekend for awhile. I never read the book, though, and movies never do the book justice, so maybe you shouldn't see it. It's really good, though. I'd love to read the whole thing sometime when I have time to read something other than a textbook. :)viti

Sarah said...

You'll have to do it for book club! I really want to read it now.

Kelli said...

I would do it for book club but people would kill me! It's over 1400 pages and took me three months to read it--and I wasn't working.