Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Keri!

I went to Seattle this weekend for Keri's birthday.
I only took pictures at the zoo, so enjoy!
This is Erik in his happiest moment. He was so excited to see the peacocks spread their wings. He had never seen it before this trip to the zoo.
We did do other stuff, like go to Goodwill and shopping. Which is where I finally tried on maternity pants and fell in love.
We also went out to eat a couple places. I got the most amazing pasta at Red Robin and the best tacos I've ever had in my life. I can't stop thinking about them and imagining how to recreate them.
We also played games, of course. And Keri was so upset that I didn't bring the rules to my new game up with me. Even if I hadn't lost the rules I probably wouldn't have brought them. I like having that power :)
We also watched the lamest movie ever. Whoever told us it was good is in trouble. It was "The Invention of Lying".
Taryn got pictures of her Disneyland trip from her neighbor. It was over 500 pictures printed out. This is how Taryn looked through them:
It was a fabulous trip, but way too short. I wish I could go every weekend. Or at least once a month. Anyone willing to fund that?

12 comments:

Keri said...

We miss you already!

Amy said...

I liked the invention of lying. Both Kory and I did.(I think, I can't remember if he liked it, but I did, sorry I can think of much lamer movies) But you and I have very different taste.

I am glad you had fun, Kory still has that baby stuff in our car for you. This is why I don't send stuff with him. I will try to remember to text kyle to remind him that its in his car. It will be there for weeks otherwise.

maida said...

Good pictures of the Zoo, what was that thing on a leash? Wish I could have gone.

KaSs MiLeS said...

those are really cool pictures. i agree that movie was a disappointment. I'm glad you finally fell in love with maternity pants. i've been telling you for months how wonderful they are.
i think all the sisters have long hair now.
it looks like taryn is as tall as you are!! how did that happen?

Kory said...

Camel rides?!?!?! I'm green with envy. That's on my list to do before I die. And the beaver on the leash is the coolest thing ever!

rain said...

Looks like Keri had a happy birthday, and your trip was excellent. Two thumbs up.

Kyle said...

I'm quite glad you included your apple in that first picture.

With one large bite taken out of it.

Kyle said...

Oh, also, the Lemurs are cuddly looking.

Kelli said...

Mom--It's a beaver. It was so cute, but they wouldn't let us touch it :(

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a blast - I am dying to go on a road trip. Did you drive up yourself or fly? We should really plan another vacation up around that area - it would be fun!

Shauna said...

Kinda makes me tired to look at your seattle pics. You guys did a lot of stuff!

Thanks for the birthday party!! That was fun, and meant a lot to me!!

That's exciting about the baby kicking! That is my favoite part, it is so weird to feel something move inside of you like that!

Lynus was very surprised by your camel pics.

Kendra said...

I like how you got a picture of the lemur or whatever licking himself. Classy. ;)