Friday, March 19, 2010

I Don't Know

why I've been putting this off for so long. I've been trying to think of some clever way to post it, but I'll just lay it out there:
I'M PREGNANT!
I know lots of people already know, but not everyone. I'm just over three months along and my belly popped out the other day. I remember Ashley telling me that one day she just woke up and there it was, and that so happened with me. And I love my belly after I eat because then the top sticks out too and I look extra pregnant. I've thrown up 41 times. Kyle has been extra patient with my inability to do anything for like two months there. I'm feeling way better now so I can actually help around the house and do more than just go to work. It's been really interesting. We weren't even excited or happy at first because we both felt like it was doomed. But after we heard the heart beat (and Kyle totally made fun of my ridiculously humongous smile and crying) we have both been super excited. We find out the gender on the 30th and we are beyond excited. So anyway, that's why I've been MIA for the last couple months.

10 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

you're pregnant? where have i been?
just kidding. im excited to throw you a kick ass shower.

Keri said...

You totally need to keep using that excuse not to do housework. You only get it for 9 months.

Janelle Johnson said...

Congrats Kelli and Kyle too! You guys will be awesome parents.

Amy said...

That post made me cry. I don't know why, something about picturing you guys hearing the heartbeat, and knowing how relieving that is just made me really teary eyed. We are sooo happy for you, and I am so excited to find out what you are having.

I am also glad this post is FINALLY up. I check everyday to see if you posted it yet, or to see if you put one of those alien tickers up. I was just going to ask you today when you find out what you are having. I can't decide if i think its a boy or girl...

Sarah said...

Congratulations - I'm so glad you got to hear the heart beat for peace of mind!

Ashley said...

Congrats you guys! That's so exciting, we are so happy for you! Let us know when you find out what you are having??
I'm going to guess girl.

Christy Smith said...

Yay! Congratu-freakin-lations! I'm so excited for you and you're going to be an amazing mom! I can't wait to find out what you're having. Glad you're feeling better!

rain said...

Yay! So excited for you. I wish I could use an excuse to not do housework. I haven't done anything else for the last two weeks. However, I would NOT get pregnant to get out of housework. I'm totally drawing the line there.

And you're totally having a girl.

Erinn and Ryan said...

Heeheehee! I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeat, it's one of the few-and-far-between rewards you get as you work through those nine months. Finding out the gender is the biggest, though. It took all my will power to not run down to the mall and pay somebody to do an early ultrasound.

Oh, and I'm just as happy you're feeling better. I don't know of anything worse than nausea. It's like pain and fatigue and depression all wrapped together.

Jill said...

CoNgRaTs!!!! Yay for procreation! (And I understand about "feeling doomed" and then hearing that heart beat...I bawled.)

Let the uncomfortable encounters with strangers and unsolicited advice begin! Enjoy it!