Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It is finished

Both the house and me finally blogging about it. Here's our new cabinets, microwave, and light fixtures!!! Good bye gold!!!
We added these swinging bar chairs at our own expense. The insurance company wasn't getting roped into that :)
Here's our new couches.
We got new ceiling fans, did I already say good bye gold?!
And we also replaced the back door on our own while we were at it. It has blinds within the glass and doesn't bang into the table when you open it! How great!
We also got new carpet. It's light gray. I thought a picture of that would be boring...but look at the couch picture to see it if you must. That's all. We're so happy to be home!!!

13 comments:

Erinn and Ryan said...

That's SO cool! I'm happy your disaster turned into a blessing (eventually). Our new couch just got puked on by Elise. Good thing it's washable.

KaSs MiLeS said...

i think it looks really great!

Keri said...

That is super fantastic. I love the dark wood, it's beautiful. I like the new sliding door too, smart idea. That ceiling fan is the exact one that we have in our living room! Congratulations, I bet it feels so great!

Kory said...

That's why I've been hoping for a fire in our house, so it will turn out like that, and I won't have to finish it myself. It looks great. We'll come by and see it in person.

Cassie said...

Must feel good to be home sweet home...

Jeff said...

Your Kitchen looks awesome! I also love the dark wood and dark counter tops. Everything looks great and there's nothing like being home.

Amy said...

looks great! Looks even better in person I must say. Congrats on being home!

Janelle Johnson said...

Yay!

Christy Smith said...

It looks amazing! I really love the cabinets, too, and the swinging chairs are great! I'm so glad this whole nightmare is over for you. Enjoy your new house!

rain said...

Is that a 12 pack box next to your garbage? I can always zone in on the little details. ;)

It really looks great. And I'm jealous. I didn't know if it would be overkill if I commented after Jeff...but, who am I to follow protocol?

Kelli said...

It is a 12 pack. Kyle went out one day and bought me that pack of Cherry Limeades and they have saved my life!

maida said...

The pictures are great! Of course it looks better in person but sometimes pictures don't do justice but these do.

Sarah said...

That looks great - good job!! I really like the door/blind combo.