Saturday, November 28, 2009

Yay for Christmas!!!

I love Christmas. Here are my decorations thus far!
I made the sock countdown from that picture Shauna sent out. Each sock has a candy in it to countdownto Christmas! The socks and candy were all from the dollar store, so it was only $15. Super cheap and cute and great!
I put up our tree yesterday and decorated it.
Sadly, this picture doesn't do it justice when it's all lit up. And I got these cute little presents as Christmas/Good-bye presents for my piano students.

12 comments:

maida said...

Wow! you are on the ball, when is your last piano lesson?

Kelli said...

December 16th.

Keri said...

what does that mean about your piano lessons?
that sock idea is so awesome! I haven't seen that before.

KaSs MiLeS said...

that's a great idea for your students and i really love your count down, how fun!

Erinn and Ryan said...

Yeah, I love the sock thing too! Connor just made a paper chain to count down the days, but that doesn't involve candy, therefore isn't as cool.

Amy said...

Those are all so cute and clever! Way to go!

Kyle said...

I like how it looks like the penguins are huddling for warmth.

rain said...

Jeff told me last night that you guys had the Christmas Mouse Calendar from Avon that you moved the little mouse each day to Christmas? I had that, too. The sock thing is very cute...but I wish I could find one of those mouse thingies...as it brings me fond memories. Also, he said that your mom put candy in each day, for whomever moved the mouse. My mom didn't. Once again, I was screwed.

Sarah said...

I love the sock idea! Christmas is awesome - i can't wait to put up my tree :)

Christy Smith said...

Fun, fun! You're so awesome! The socks are so cute!

Kat Clark said...

Cute! I love the sock countdown idea!

Shauna said...

What a nice piano teacher! You look fabulous in that dress! Where did you get it? That's so lucky you won that trip! The sock thing looks great too! You seriously need kids to appreciate the excitement each day brings with a countdown calendar!