Sunday, September 27, 2009

AIDA

We drove down to Tuachan Ampitheatre last weekend in St. George. We went to see Aida. Kyle chose it because neither of us had seen it (or even heard of it). This was the sky on our way to the show. It was worrisome.
But as we walked in it was actually hot and I thought the blanket I was carrying was silly.
But the theatre is an outside one. It's in a canyon so the stage is right up against the mountains. It's so amazing. My camera didn't do well capturing it.
And as feared, it did start to rain. It rained twice and they stopped the show for 20 minutes to see if it would get better. It did both times and by skipping the intermission (they counted one of the rain breaks as the intermission) they finally made it through and didn't have to cancel the show. I was so glad. I would have been so sad if we didn't get to finish. I loved it so much. There was singing and synchronized dancing and so much wonderfulness. It was excellent. Kyle didn't share my enthusiasm, but he did like it. It was a really fun trip.

11 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

you bring a blanket to the regular theater. sounds like fun. I'm going to talk jerome into seeing a play at the hale this christmas.

Unknown said...

We want to do that too! Maybe we could go together!

Kelli said...

Whoops...Child Abuse Prevention is me...Kelli...I was logged into the wrong account.

Kyle said...

My non-chalant walking picture turned out well.

Kat Clark said...

What an awesome adventure! I love that outdoor theatre. It really is so amazing!

Kory said...

Last time I was there you or Kassie announced that I farted to the whole theatre. Angie said she saw you down there. Did you talk to her?

Sarah said...

That looks like so much fun - i'm way jealous, I love st george! BTW - my word verification is 'focker' hehe!

Kelli said...

Yeah her husband yelled at me and we talked for a bit. And I totally thought about you farting when I was there. It was funny.

Shauna said...

FUN! So tell me...did you get the idea from the valpak coupons that come in the mail? I always think of going there when I get those.

Erinn and Ryan said...

I don't think Ryan would knowingly go to anything with synchronized dancing. Sigh. On the other hand, he did take me to see "Wicked" without knowing beforehand that it was a musical. Maybe I can trick him again!

Kelli said...

The idea totally did come from the valpack coupons! And it was a great idea! And pretty cheap! I'm so glad we did it. Yay ValPack Coupons!