Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Seamstress Days

In Jr. High I was a sewing machine. I would sew scrunchies all day and all night...then when scrunchies left the limelight of my life I tried my hand at real clothes and they were always a disaster. But recently I took a quilting class and it gave me back my sewing confidence and I moved onto clothes. So this is what I've made:
Jammies for Felix.
And two shirts for Kyle. He's all ready to go pick out new fabric too. He thinks I am now his personal wardrobe slave.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Those are fantastic! All of them! and thanks for blogging! ha

Kory is the same way, giving me "things" to sew. not so much clothes but stuff for the studio. I have yet to do anything for him tho because I am still trying to get all of Axel's stuff done, and I am bumping his studio stuff out of the way for Dani's since I can't get to anything to measure it anyway.

But I love the shirt fabric on the 2nd one. Good work for sure.

Keri said...

That is so awesome!

KaSs MiLeS said...

I'm very impressed!
My word verification is "maggic", so i guess your sewing is magical.

Erinn and Ryan said...

What? No way you made those. Homemade clothes never look as good as that.

Kendra said...

Wow, Kelli! That's impressive. You never cease to amaze me.

rain said...

Okay, I'm with Erinn...when i think of homemade clothing, it's kinda like polygamist wear. But those jammies are great. And look at Kyle's face when he's wearing those shirts. It's almost like the Fonz with his jacket. He just needs to stick is thumbs out and go: "Heeeeeeey". Count me as impressed. Cause you know, it's really hard to do. ;)