Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our House in the Middle of the Street

It's the moment you've all been waiting for! Pictures of our new house. First, here are pictures of our beautiful roses from our rose bush that Kyle went to town on and didn't leave much of...
Our newly painted front room with our new couches. I LOVE our new couch! It has footstools and a hidey hole and cup holders.
Our kitchen. My favorite part is the bar. Thank you Brandon and Ashley for the bar stools!
Our bedroom...yet to be decorated.
My bathroom! We have two so we don't have to share and I got the one with lots of counter space, which you can see I've already cluttered up.
My puzzle room. We both love that I can have puzzles out in a room that is secluded.
Kyle's room for his computer and drums, which we made as far away from my piano students as we could so he can still play while I teach. You can't see it but the former owners so graciously left up some vinyl lettering above the window which reads, "The wildest colts make the best horses".
Our hallway laundry room...though it's more of a closet. I still like it!
The closets in the two bedrooms are connected. The former owner told me she lost some children who were supposed to be locked in their rooms through this closet.
Two car garage! I LOVE having a garage. I never have before!
And a backyard! I love it. I get to hang out outside whenever I want and not feel like I'm just sitting out in public.
And in the corner of our yard is a weed overgrown garden that has the tiniest strawberries ever. I included a lemon in the picture for size reference.

12 comments:

Keri said...

That looks so incredible! I love the vaulted ceilings, and the backyard, and the puzzle room, and the garage...it's so big!
I'm really happy for you guys.

Kelli said...

I can't wait for your help to make it pretty!

Sarah said...

Your house looks great! Nice choice - i'm so glad you found somewhere great!

Shauna said...

That's the cleanest garage I've ever seen, you can actually fit two cars in it! That blue looks a lot lighter than Matthew's new room. Looks nice!

rain said...

Wow. That looks so great, you guys! I am coming over to see for myself. I also will have a seat on your new couches...just because I know the love one feels for their new living room furniture.
Also, I wish I had a room just for me...Even my own room is taken over with my kid's stuff.
I wish I had my own bathroom. That would be bliss.

KaSs MiLeS said...

yay! your paint job looks so good.

Amy said...

Oh I love the paint, much better than the red before. It fits you better for sure! Those roses are beautiful too! Don't worry they grow back if you keep clipping them down, that's the best thing about rose bushes, unless your neighbor chops the whole thing down to tiny stems, then you just have to wait two or three years. Sigh.

Two car garages are the best! Seriously you will learn to HATE parking anywhere uncovered again. Especially come winter.

Amy said...

PS I took your advice today and called some of my shady flakey parents...we will see what happens there.

Christy Smith said...

Yeah! It's so cute, Kell! I hope you're loving it and that you have normal neighbors. The paint you picked all looks great and I love the big backyard. Maybe someday I'll actually see it in person!:)

Kory said...

Kids locked in their rooms? That's a fire hazard.

Kat Clark said...

Cool! And huge! Awesome!

Shauna said...

I want to see the green kitchen.